Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105621 times)

Golly

• WKC Performer
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
Holy $hit - I was just told the msrp on the new smoker is $2000 CAN base model with an upgraded model that $2500 :o :o :o

Now I REALLY want to see this thing!

WOW

what's that in Aussie dollars

$5,000 fark
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

SixZeroFour

« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »
Yea big dollars!

It is a Kamado/bge style cooker if my source is correct. Sounds like double walled with air gap...
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2016, 10:55:52 PM »
$2500? Holy jeebus. That's incredible.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2016, 01:20:49 AM »
It'll be interesting, that's for sure. 
If that price is correct or even close to being correct it's not even a consideration for me. 

It makes me happy that I won't have any buyers remorse with the new Crimson Kettle I have in the box in the basement.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2016, 03:19:09 AM »
It makes me happy that I won't have any buyers remorse with the new Crimson Kettle I have in the box in the basement.

Whoa right there, bud. You've crossed the line. We NEVER discuss who or what's kept boxed up in the basement!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2016, 03:20:20 AM »
Won't be seeing one in my backyard any time soon, if that's true.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2016, 02:15:05 PM »
That's the Weber we all know and love. All about the money.They build what they think we need to buy. We are lucky the charcoal kettles are the cheaper end of the line. I think they should poll this forum because we are a good cross section of the grilling population. Nah, we're fanatics!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2016, 06:05:09 PM »
At this point, it isn't about us. It's about sucking money from the "foodies" that need to have the latest, greatest gadget.

As for polling this forum... that's a complete waste of time. Most of us are complete cheapskates that will burn 100 bucks worth of gas to drive around and find a 30 yr old kettle for 30 bucks, then bitch about a new weber kettle for 150 bucks. Problem is, it's not Weber's fault. They made a good product many yrs ago that works fantastic. It's hard to improve on that. Sure, new colours, different handles... etc, etc.

Unfortunately, we are probably less than 1 or 2 percent of the market. The vast majority are gonna go to Home Depot, Lowe's or Walmart and buy a black kettle, whether the original, premium, or perhaps a performer... and then go home and cook some burgers or dogs...that's it. And that group is probably a small percentage of those that will just buy a cheap gasser...

magonzo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »
My bet is a redefined kettle similar to the Charbroil Kettleman.  The few screenshots of the Weber teaser video look very similar to the Charbroil POS, including the lid style and leg configuration.  I can't imagine Weber would launch a new product line with such a high price point.  Of course, just my opinion after a few tasty beverages this evening.
Rescued SSP Red, OTS, Jumbo Joe, Genesis Silver B, Weber Q, GnGo Anywhere

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2016, 06:59:23 PM »
At this point, it isn't about us. It's about sucking money from the "foodies" that need to have the latest, greatest gadget.

As for polling this forum... that's a complete waste of time. Most of us are complete cheapskates that will burn 100 bucks worth of gas to drive around and find a 30 yr old kettle for 30 bucks, then bitch about a new weber kettle for 150 bucks. Problem is, it's not Weber's fault. They made a good product many yrs ago that works fantastic. It's hard to improve on that. Sure, new colours, different handles... etc, etc.

Unfortunately, we are probably less than 1 or 2 percent of the market. The vast majority are gonna go to Home Depot, Lowe's or Walmart and buy a black kettle, whether the original, premium, or perhaps a performer... and then go home and cook some burgers or dogs...that's it. And that group is probably a small percentage of those that will just buy a cheap gasser...

This has to be one of the most reality based posts I've seen on this forum in years.  It wasn't fun reading, but was 100% the unfortunate truth.  Well done Darko! 
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2016, 09:02:57 PM »
Holy $hit - I was just told the msrp on the new smoker is $2000 CAN base model with an upgraded model that $2500 :o :o :o

That's westerner money, yo.

Great post!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:04:29 PM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2016, 09:49:09 PM »
Thanks everyone.
Alas, that is what it is. Reality sucks.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2016, 03:32:35 AM »
This is what you are referring too.  Floated out there on another site.

I work here as a BBQ sales rep:

www.thebbqshop.com

Early last week our rep showed us the video run down of what Weber is announcing on April 6th. If you're a charcoal lover, I'm confident you'll be excited.

Weber is going after the high-end / premium charcoal market (Green Egg, Primo, etc.)

It is NOT ceramic. It is NOT a pellet grill. This is done the "Weber" way.

Pricing - $1,999CDN / $2,499CDN depending on the model that you choose.

If this works anywhere as good as they say, I haven't been this excited for a Weber grill in a long time.

[/b]

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2016, 06:15:51 AM »

One of the best, most accurate posts I have read. Very insightful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:05 AM »
This is what you are referring too.  Floated out there on another site.

I work here as a BBQ sales rep:

www.thebbqshop.com

Early last week our rep showed us the video run down of what Weber is announcing on April 6th. If you're a charcoal lover, I'm confident you'll be excited.

Dang! [emoji50]
I looked around on that website and I haven't even heard of most of those grills.
I will never complain about the price of Craigslist kettles again.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:19:59 AM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC