Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105632 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2016, 07:23:41 AM »
What would be a grill of a lifetime ?  The ease of gas and flavor of charcoal , maybe this thing is the performer taken to next level , a dual threat gas and charcoal grill ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2016, 07:45:12 AM »
Wonder if we could figure it out with a patent search? I would virtually guarantee that with all this fuss, there's some unique innovation there somewhere they've already locked up.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »

What would be a grill of a lifetime ?  The ease of gas and flavor of charcoal , maybe this thing is the performer taken to next level , a dual threat gas and charcoal grill ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's another possibility because I know the gas/charcoal grill/smokers have been big sellers, at least here in the south. So far all subpar quality though, from what I've seen...ie Char-griller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2016, 09:32:28 AM »
Wonder if we could figure it out with a patent search? I would virtually guarantee that with all this fuss, there's some unique innovation there somewhere they've already locked up.

Maybe, but it's likely they're just keeping up with the competition.

LostArrow

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2016, 06:41:30 PM »
Just looking at it from a business point of view.
Weber dominates the mid to higher end gas grill market.
They also dominate the charcoal grill market but price point is much lower .
They have no entry in the high end charcoal grill market , mainly ceramic kamodo's
It's a big market , that the well to do casual outdoor cooker has a Green Egg as a status symbol
Summit charcoal grill carries the con nation of highest end of Weber line.
I'm guessing a metal insulated kamodo with ? Gas assist ? In the $500-$750 price range.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2016, 07:01:02 PM »
This just came over my Instagram. More teasing-
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2016, 07:14:27 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmm
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2016, 01:25:15 AM »
Found new photo on Twitter:

Silhouette shows more of shape: kind of WSM kettle hybrid maybe?
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2016, 04:05:52 AM »
I can't believe these things have already been in production and a photo hasn't leaked. 

Looking like a kama do.  Only question in my mind is ceramic or not.  I'm sticking with ceramic
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2016, 04:11:40 AM »
If it's ceramic the terrorists win.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2016, 07:25:50 AM »
if it's glen blue i'm ordering one. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »
"The new Summit Charcoal grill comes only in vintage Weber Kettle colors."

We'd all just lose our shit right there.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2016, 07:41:30 AM »
if it's glen blue i'm ordering one.

God forbid they offered it.

Actually rumor has it they will only be offered in Glen Blue in Canada and have a device attached so upon crossing the border to the US they spontaneously combust.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2016, 07:44:41 AM »
From a marketing perspective my guess they only offer black for the first couple of years so the Weberheads that are already lined up to buy one"no matter what it is" purchase them, then three years from now offer them in different colors  and get all those same buyers to re-up

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
Nah, they don't do anything for collectors. They offer colors that sell in a given market.