Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105653 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »

@demosthenes9

encrypted message.  LOL  :)

N Code gas assist go anywhere for sale

[emoji1303]

Sent from an Aqua Blue Western Electric Model 500.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2016, 05:30:16 PM »
I feel like that lid in video shows thick gasket rim like kamado but Weber won't go ceramic. I see insulated double wall steel grill/smoker Ala Weber broil keg
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2016, 06:22:30 AM »
Based on the video it's round.  I don't get the association with the Summit name used in the gas line.  But my guess is that the money people are sick of watching the BGE folks taking stupid money from eager buyers and that they want a piece of that $1000 cooker market and it's ridiculous margins.

Just a guess,  but that's mine.

"Lifetime"- Ceramic as opposed to metal.

Again,  a guess.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2016, 10:23:23 PM »
If they want a piece of the high end kamado market it will be ceramic, because a double steel walled kamado, ala Akorn, isn't going to fetch that kind of price. The Summit name would seem to imply the ceramic version to me.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2016, 10:11:05 AM »
A high end charcoal grill? In the U.S.'s gasser-dominated world? Wow.

I can see it now, endless forum threads abut how folks' $20 craigslist kettle is just as good. No, better actually.

Summit? I'll take a stainless steel kettle if they're offering. That would be badass.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »
A high end charcoal grill? In the U.S.'s gasser-dominated world? Wow.

I can see it now, endless forum threads abut how folks' $20 craigslist kettle is just as good. No, better actually.

Summit? I'll take a stainless steel kettle if they're offering. That would be badass.

Omg a stainless kettle would be so bad ass!!!
WTB: Genesis Jr.

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2016, 08:36:24 PM »
Impossible to clean though.

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2016, 03:00:25 AM »
Over in the FB kettle group (which I have learned that while many of you are in there, not everyone over there is on this forum, but I digress) a Weber employee squashed the 26 Performer, iGrill rebranding, and Colored kettle ideas. He did not loop back on the new gas grill or weber kamado suggestions. 

I'm betting some sort of kamado. We have to remember that weber is owned by a venture capital firm now. Those vultures don't care about dink other than profits. If they think that there is money to be made in that segment I can see them going for it.

I just don't think that weber fans are any more inclined to buy a $1k charcoal grill than people who think the BGE is overpriced.

If they come out with one similar to the akorn and price it accordingly, they might have a winner.

If they try to go against the BGE, I predict it goes the way of Trump Vodka.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2016, 03:14:30 AM »
If they come out with one similar to the akorn and price it accordingly, they might have a winner.

That's my guess.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2016, 03:51:26 AM »
Going with a double wall steel cooker and stressing build quality, they will do well against chargrill.

Try to compete with the ceramics, especially at that price level, would be disaster imo.

It would be as bad of an idea as VW thinking they could release a premium auto to compete with Mercedes Benz when they already own Audi. (the terrible Phaeton) .
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2016, 05:56:05 AM »
Whatever it is, it's making WAY too much white smoke.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
Cut the guy in the vid some slack, it's his first time using it😂
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2016, 10:08:27 AM »
Cut the guy in the vid some slack, it's his first time using it😂

Ha!  That's funny. 

BluesDaddy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2016, 11:10:35 AM »

That is what I think it will be, only better quality - Weber's porcelain coating, maybe with a gas assist starter (there does appear to be a knob of some kind under what looks like a side table to me), double walled, insulated, running around the price that a Big Steel Keg did. I MIGHT buy one of those. Anything in the neighborhood of a BGE and I'll pass as I can't justify spending that kind of money when I can put it as good, or better, food on my 26" kettle and have TONS of money left over for additional toys (and meat).

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2016, 01:14:57 PM »

That is what I think it will be, only better quality - Weber's porcelain coating, maybe with a gas assist starter (there does appear to be a knob of some kind under what looks like a side table to me), double walled, insulated, running around the price that a Big Steel Keg did. I MIGHT buy one of those. Anything in the neighborhood of a BGE and I'll pass as I can't justify spending that kind of money when I can put it as good, or better, food on my 26" kettle and have TONS of money left over for additional toys (and meat).

I truly hope they haven't made a kamado style grill.  They just aren't good smokers.  Ribs cooked on my kettle w/SnS kick my Big Green Egg ribs any day of the week.