Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105576 times)

eddiecalder

• Happy Cooker
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2016, 08:07:40 PM »
My "source" (someone on another forum) said that the grill was absolutely beautiful and he would have bought it on the spot if it was for sale. This is from someone that owns a Komodo Kamado, so it must be pretty nice. He said.the description does not do it justice.

jolayiv

• WKC Brave
« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2016, 08:13:06 PM »
Boy I can't wait for April 6 to roll around so I get to see what I will most likely never be able to afford. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
Boy I can't wait for April 6 to roll around so I get to see what I will most likely never be able to afford. Lol

I can't wait until April 6th to see what I am buying at a garage sale in 2026+  ;D
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2016, 10:26:24 PM »
I was under the impression that this thing would be available for purchase starting on April 6. However; I have read in various places that we are only getting a "sneak peek" on April 6 and that the actual product won't be available for purchase until long after that? Can anyone confirm this? Sounds like if you want to buy one of these things, you will have to wait several more months?
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2016, 10:52:59 PM »
I was under the impression that this thing would be available for purchase starting on April 6. However; I have read in various places that we are only getting a "sneak peek" on April 6 and that the actual product won't be available for purchase until long after that? Can anyone confirm this? Sounds like if you want to buy one of these things, you will have to wait several more months?

It would be pretty foolish to hype this grill up this much and not have it in stores for memorial day. 3 more days til we find out!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2016, 04:27:35 AM »
For all of the Mid Atlantic people, it will be available at the Grill Center at 2808 Solomons Island Road, Edgewater, MD on the 6th and they will have cooking demos on Saturday the 9th starting at 10 AM.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2016, 07:11:22 AM »
How to find other demonstration locations?
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2016, 08:44:47 AM »
How to find other demonstration locations?

The dealer I mentioned is a Weber Alliance Dealer. They are tight lipped about it and will not give any details in fear or losing their Alliance status.

To find one just go to http://dealer.weber.com/ and enter your zip. Alliance dealers will have next to their name.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:48:05 AM by dwnthehatch »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
I just called the Alliance Dealer that is right around the corner in my town and he told me he knows nothing about it.  I offered to come on Wednesday to tape a segment on it for my blog and he is either being tight lipped (but I don't know why he would say he doesn't know the first thing about it) or is really in the dark about it.  I told him to check out the Weber FB page and let me know if he wants me to come in when he gets one to do a feature on it.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2016, 09:00:26 AM »
I just called the Alliance Dealer that is right around the corner in my town and he told me he knows nothing about it.  I offered to come on Wednesday to tape a segment on it for my blog and he is either being tight lipped (but I don't know why he would say he doesn't know the first thing about it) or is really in the dark about it.  I told him to check out the Weber FB page and let me know if he wants me to come in when he gets one to do a feature on it.
Can you reach out to weber directly?
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2016, 09:04:59 AM »
My Weber distributer knows nothing and I got the same answer from the Alliance dealer here in my town , I don't think weber is releasing anything to anyone until April 6th period in order to protect the secret

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2016, 09:10:42 AM »
My Weber distributer knows nothing and I got the same answer from the Alliance dealer here in my town , I don't think weber is releasing anything to anyone until April 6th period in order to protect the secret

Right, and they'll probably only release a press packet to the dealers.  I think it's funny how often times enthusiasts know more about a product than the retailers wh sell them.  It's like that in the camera world too.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2016, 09:47:51 AM »
So, I was at my local dealer today. They basically said it is a kamado style of cooker but did not have much more information than that, other than it's probably double walled steel. At least that's what they told me.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »
I just came from my local Weber dealer. He is one of only two Weber Alliance dealers in STL. He told me that the grill is called a Charcoal Summit (we knew that already) and he said the price point on it will be $1699.99. He is going to email later this afternoon with more info. He knew nothing about it until I educated him. He checked and said that they ordered 2 from Weber this morning and that it will be on display on their showroom floor next week for all the STL guys that want to see it up close and in person.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:20:32 AM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »
I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that this is going to be 4x the cost of their current top of the line model grills (not counting ranch as this isn't nearly the size of the ranch).

At 600-800 I feel like I'd scrape together the dough for this, but at over 1500 I feel like that's a really narrow market. I guess we Will wait and see. If I sold my perfomer, WSM and 26 I could only afford half...
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP