Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber acquires idevices  (Read 1831 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Weber acquires idevices
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber acquires idevices
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:24:21 PM »
Very cool. Love my iGrill2 so much I bought a second one when they were selling the iGrill2 w/ 4 probe bundle at Sams this past holiday season.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »
I find this deal pretty intriguing as a win-win for both iDevices and Weber. The iot thermometers market is a small fraction of the iot market for inside the home products so I bet iDevices and their venture capital investors are pleased. I'm also curious to see where Weber takes the iGrill apps.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 01:56:50 PM »
watch the price go up on these. Just like the Oregon Scientific meat minders that now bear the Weber brand
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »
watch the price go up on these. Just like the Oregon Scientific meat minders that now bear the Weber brand

I can't wait to see the iGrill built into an performer/summit and it texting you that you're overcoiking the chicken.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 03:27:51 PM »

I can't wait to see the iGrill built into an performer/summit and it texting you that you're overcoiking the chicken.

With the "Internet of Things," you know it'll happen. Still not quite sure some refrigerators have web access. Why haven't they at least enabled something that says, "Hey, dork! That container way in the back on the second shelf has been there FOR 6 MONTHS. WTF?"
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch