Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza Kettle  (Read 1716 times)

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
Pizza Kettle
« on: December 07, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
Looking into making my own pizza kettle to save some money. Does anyone know the height measurement on it, gauge of material, and size of the front opening. I thinki saw that new pizza kettles aren't as high?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Even pictures would help iv seen them in videos but can't seem to find any local that I could check out.

Thanks

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
Re: Pizza Kettle
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:40:00 PM »
Never mind found what I was looking for elsewhere on this forum

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »
I have the "Kettle Pizza", but if I were to build my own I would copy the "PizzaQue." Either that or cut some kind of roof to lower the head space.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 03:08:01 AM »
The more I read of the kettle pizza hacks, like the Baking Steel on the top or a grate with a stone on it kind of makes the kettle lid redundant.

I'm leaning more towards cutting an open 55 gallon drum and using the lid with a 2" screw in exhaust stack.

BTW @mattmountz94 what are measurement specs of the kettle pizza??
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 07:36:22 AM »
@mattmountz94 -  If you need me to take any measurements of my KettlePizza just let me know.  If you have the right tools I think it would be fiarly easy to replicate.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 07:48:04 AM »
thanks guys but i went ahead and just got the pizza que about a month back.  We have a sheetmetal shop at work but till you figure in the price of a sheet of stainless and the time to make it the pizza que is way cheaper.  not to mention if i made it i would have to buy a pizza stone and a peel which are all included with the que. 

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.