Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Rotisserie  (Read 4191 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Weber Rotisserie
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:07:34 AM »
I have been wanting to buy a rotisserie kit for my kettle for a long time but could never convince myself to pull the trigger on one due to the $150 price tag.  In addition, I just didn't think a rotisserie chicken (or other meat) would taste that different than a regular one.

On Friday night, I saw a brand new, in the box, still taped up, Weber kettle rotisserie kit come up on Craigslist for $25.  I immediately emailed but didn't get a response.  The next morning I waited until a decent time and gave the seller a call.  Fortunately he had not sold it yet so we arranged for me to pick it up on Sunday.

My initial test run was on a chicken. I did not do anything fancy. Just rubbed it down with some spices and threw it on the rotisserie.  My fire got hotter than I planned and the dark meat was done well before the breasts.  I was worried that it would be overcooked and dry.

Fortunately, it turned out to be the best chicken my family ever ate.  No exaggeration.  My kids, who normally are not big meat eaters, literally asked for thirds and fourths.  My wife kept raving about it.  I have never had chicken that flavorful.  I have to admit, I was shocked at how good it tasted.  And, I have to admit,  it was the cooker and not the cook that created the good food.  I can't take any credit for it turning out so well.

If you are on the fence about getting a rotisserie, I would highly recommend it. 

Here are some pics:

(sorry for the poor pics)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:15:50 AM by tb80 »
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:22:31 AM »
I was in the same boat and didn't get one for years.  This fall @weldboy grabbed one for me at an auction.  It took one chicken cook for me to realize what a fool I had been. 

The best tasting bird I ever made.  My wife now requires I make one every Sunday for dinner and lunches throughout the work week.

Pork loin is amazing on it too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 06:23:03 AM »
Nice job on the chicken, TB.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 06:23:39 AM »
I was in the same boat and didn't get one for years.  This fall @weldboy grabbed one for me at an auction.  It took one chicken cook for me to realize what a fool I had been. 

The best tasting bird I ever made.  My wife now requires I make one every Sunday for dinner and lunches throughout the work week.

Pork loin is amazing on it too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good stuff. I need to try a pork loin.  I am open to any other suggestions/recipes as well.

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 06:30:34 AM »
I have a flat basket i use to do wings....OMG them are some good wings. Chuck roast in the basket..WOW...country style ribs....well, you get the picture lol

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 06:39:41 AM »
I have a flat basket i use to do wings....OMG them are some good wings. Chuck roast in the basket..WOW...country style ribs....well, you get the picture lol

Which flat basket do you have?

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 06:44:04 AM »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:54:24 AM by firedude5015 »

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 07:00:43 AM »
Before anyone had a Kamado w/rotisserie folks at Kamadoguru were saying that a rotisserie on a Kamado was unnecessary - now that you CAN get a roti for your kamado, they are taking the place by storm.

Rotisserie cooked food is different and GREAT - get one NOW!! 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 07:21:43 AM »
Last Thanksgivings Roto turkey was amazing.

Congrats on the find
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 08:56:29 AM »
Cook a turkey breast on your rotisserie. It's the best!
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 04:55:19 PM »
I gotta agree, the rotisserie is awesome! Every time I do a chicken, it's the best, in fact in my opinion, it's the only way to cook a whole chicken!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 05:03:57 PM »
Spinning mine for the first time this week, I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 06:13:08 PM »
$25 for a Weber Rotiss? Great buy!

LION222

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 07:21:33 PM »
Just picked one up about a week ago the guy gave me two motors spits and hardware. cooked a whole chicken Peruvian style came out good, the hardest part to me was trussing the chicken

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 07:29:13 PM »
Just picked one up about a week ago the guy gave me two motors spits and hardware. cooked a whole chicken Peruvian style came out good, the hardest part to me was trussing the chicken
What was the recipe for the Peruvian style chicken?