Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Member with New (Old) Performer  (Read 5548 times)

micky

• Smokey Joe
Re: New Member with New (Old) Performer
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2015, 06:35:17 PM »
Okay -- thanks to you both I'm starting to get it.
My Platinum isn't anywhere near as pretty as Ron's -- a little inspiration as I start my kettle cleaning this weekend.  Thanks very much!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »
Okay -- thanks to you both I'm starting to get it.
My Platinum isn't anywhere near as pretty as Ron's -- a little inspiration as I start my kettle cleaning this weekend.  Thanks very much!
This is what it looked like when i bought it, i replaced table and while the table was off i removed the end pieces, cleaned the frame and end pieces and spray painted both and scrubbed the kettle and then reassembled it.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2015, 07:37:18 PM »
Sounds like a good plan for me -- thanks for the encouraging words. I tried to find the metal performer table but didn't see it on the Webercsite -- will try again when I have more time. Also hope to get a wooden handle and rollers.  Also wondering if you can buy those plastic-y end pieces from weber; one section of the end piece under the kettle is partly melted! 

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
The endcap is gonna be tough. Been discontinued for a while. Try a post in the buy/sell section here. As for the table, they are brand new this year. Probably going to have to call weber to get one.
Still need a 22” yellow

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2015, 10:18:56 AM »
Will do.  For my WTB post, what do I call that piece so folks know what I'm looking for?  It's the light-colored plastic piece spanning between, and just above, the wheels on the Platinum.  But that seems a bit long-winded for a WTB header.