Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: So what should Weber do to improve their charcoal grill lineup in 2016?  (Read 8921 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: So what should Weber do to improve their charcoal grill lineup in 2016?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 06:52:45 AM »
1) Go back to the old style lid handle
2) Go back to the old style twist off ash catcher.
I see adding more colors is a very popular vote here. Even though I love the colors and do want more colors in my collection, I believe the fact that they are not readily available is what makes them more special.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 07:59:21 AM »
I agree with Henry Ford...to paraphrase... You can have any color you want as long as its black!

My only issue with the Weber line up is that I cant have one of each.

-Jeep
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:16 AM »
I like the idea of a throw back grill a year....
Everyone says more colors but people want them so bad because they are rare.
I want a 26'' performer.
Hotty Toddy!

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 10:01:45 AM »
26" performer and I would be thrilled.  I want one bad, but I just can't bring myself to start drilling holes in mine to make it happen.
-Keith

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 11:02:37 AM »
Since I'm starting the thread, I get 2 votes.

1. Mastertouch in more colors please
2. go back to twist off ash pans. I'm a fat computer nerd with limp wrists. Crouching down and trying to squeeze the handle to remove the bucket is actually kinda hard :(

In regards to point 2, I think they need to at least get the consistency right.  I've got three 2015 model kettles.  Two 22" and a 26".  All of them require a different level of "squeeze" effort to remove the ash pan.  One of them is down right hard to remove, one's easy, and the third is in between.  It'd be good if they made them all on the "easy to remove" side. 

Interesting factoid...  Soda bottles require 8 ft lbs of torque, consistently, to remove the cap.  That number is key because it's a good enough seal to keep the carbonation in while at the same time (healthy) folks of all ages can open them.  Maybe Weber needs to visit a soda factory.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 06:05:54 PM »
1) Make all products, colors, and accessories they manufacture available regardless of region

3) Offer the WSM and 26" kettles in some colors other than black
4) Produce charcoal grates, grill grates, and charcoal baskets in heavy duty stainless steel

Those are the big ones to me, and I don't understand why they aren't at least testing it out on their website.  Offer some of that stuff at a premium price on just the website.  That way you're not having to deal in producing enough to stock Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Amazon, etc etc. You at least have it to offer to your customers in North America though.  So weird how we get left out on so much.

Change the lid back to the way they used to be, I hate the new configuration.

Same with the ash pan

Do you mean where the hook is to hang it on the side of the bowl?  It's so weird now.  We got my gf's grandfather a replacement 22.5 with the ash catcher instead of the pan (forget what they're called now) for their lakehouse.  I did some cooking on it this summer and it was so strange to hold the lid sideways to get to the hook.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »

Bolt on handle and taco shield look terrible...go back to the old way.

See while I agree with you on the bolt on handle, I have to say cooking on a newer one, that heat shield works SOOOO WELL.  It makes a huge difference on how hot those handles get.  I have to say I do like the heat shield.

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »
26 inch performer.  in other than black color.

Edveder9

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 07:05:29 PM »
Offer all the accessories they sell in other regions. It wouldn't be hard to stock 1 warehouse with 100 of each accessory and exclusively only be available from the weber website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely agree with this.  There are tons of items only sold in Europe that I want!   
Genesis S-320,     22.5" OTG      22.5 OTC
18.5' WSM,     Smokey Joe Silver

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 10:35:05 PM »
Bring back a 3 daisy vent model on the 22 inch kettle.  I see elsewhere on here they are available in Mexico but not in the USA.  Bring back wood handles, and legs that do not fall off when you move the grill.  I love my old kettle but each time I go to move it the front leg drops off when I lift the handle, and when this happens I think POS product.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 05:43:43 AM »
Reincarnate George!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 08:41:11 AM »
clearly weber could benefit from a "re-issue" series, bringing back all the old colors etc from the 50s and 60s.

limited numbers, but re-issue a "50's" that only come in original colors, and the same with the "60s". 

westerners, customs, etc. 

Gibson and Fender both do real well with the re-issues, Ford, Chevy and Dodge have all come on board basically. 

I only use kettles with lid bales.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 10:36:39 AM »
clearly weber could benefit from a "re-issue" series, bringing back all the old colors etc from the 50s and 60s.

limited numbers, but re-issue a "50's" that only come in original colors, and the same with the "60s". 

westerners, customs, etc. 

Gibson and Fender both do real well with the re-issues, Ford, Chevy and Dodge have all come on board basically.

Good Call