Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Replacement 22 in performer lid red  (Read 4872 times)

halifax26

• Smokey Joe
Replacement 22 in performer lid red
« on: August 16, 2015, 05:24:10 AM »
I am new to the forum and joined to get some info on finding an easy way to order a replacement red lid for my 1991 performer.  I called Weber CS and they want a serial number for my grill  (didn't tell them it was from 1991) or they wont order the part.  I told the lady that any red lid for a 22 in would be fine but made little headway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Replacement 22 in performer lid red
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 06:19:29 AM »
The serial number should be on a sticker under the control panel or try on your grill. If it is missing or faded to where you cannot read it, let CS know when you call.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:21:49 AM »
Couple questions- are you trying to get a free warranty replacement? That will be difficult.

How bad is the original lid? Post pics-there may be a way to repair it.

Some folks here do incredible restorations.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

halifax26

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 06:31:01 AM »
I am not trying to get a warranty replacement, just a new lid.  I also did not give them the serial number since they do not have replacement lids for a 1991 as far as I have read online.  I did see a post that said a member had tried to get an older lid and also had a 2010 model which is what he used to order the part.   

I want to restore the grill and the lid is my biggest challange.  Will post a picture a little later

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 06:35:07 AM »
If your old lid has some scares you can use brake caliper high heat red paint to touch it up.

halifax26

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 07:07:28 AM »
Thanks.  I did hear that but if I can get a new lid for a reasonable cost I want to try. 

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 07:51:54 AM »
Give them the serial number and see what they say...
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 07:52:33 AM »
If they say no then get creative but try being straight forward first
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »
The serial number should be on a sticker under the control panel or try on your grill. If it is missing or faded to where you cannot read it, let CS know when you call.

I think this^ is probably for a Genesis. If we're talking about a Performer, the serial "number" is the letter(s) on the lid vent. If it's a '91 red, I highly doubt that you'll get a red lid to match from Weber. I've got a spare red Performer lid that I could pass on to you. My spare has a few fairly nasty battle scars, though. PM me if you want, and I can send you some pics.

Oh, and welcome to the Club, @halifax26 !!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

halifax26

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 04:50:40 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but I think that I got it done with Weber and just received an order confirmation for a lid, handle and thermometer........it is a later model lid, but in bright red which is what I was after.  Now on to the rest of the restoration!

BTW I had no luck in trying to upload a picture since everytime I click on the icon it doesnt upload from the link to My Pictures....anything I am missing here?

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 06:07:57 AM »
Excellent!

Are you using the WKC picture site, or sonething else to load your pics? I use photobucket. Havent been able to get the WKC site to work... probably my out of date Safari.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

halifax26

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 06:48:38 AM »
I am using the WKC site and when I use the insert image icon and all I get is    and I try and copy and paste the image the paste command doesn't work.  Guess I will have to ping the webmaster on this.

halifax26

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 06:42:43 AM »
Well the replacement lid arrived from Weber and they sent me the wrong color.  It is brick red and not the crimson that I asked for.  They are sending a replacement out, but I wonder if the crimson will match the old red one that I had.  It looks close in pictures but I cant find an ACE or TruValue around here that has one to go look at.

Anyone know if it is close?

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 06:58:08 AM »
This link compares the original Red SS performers to the newer Crimson performers:
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/does-anyone-have-the-crimson-performer/

Since weber no longer sells "red" i dont know that they will send it as a replacement. Good Luck.

halifax26

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 07:49:46 AM »
It looks close but probably not an exact match, but I will wait and see what it looks like when it arrives.  If it is not a match I can always try and fix the rim rash that I have on the 1991 one that I have.  I am trying to restore it and the lid is the biggest challange since it fell off the deck railing about two weeks ago onto a concrete patio below and could use a new handle and thermometer so I figured if I could get another red that would be a good thing. 

We will see how it goes...