Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Found A Great BBQ Store In My Backyard  (Read 1349 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Found A Great BBQ Store In My Backyard
« on: August 15, 2015, 08:53:40 AM »
I am a big fan of Dizzy Pig seasonings and was on their website looking at retailers in Michigan near LightningBoldtz's a few days ago as I was heading down to see him. They have a option to widen the search area for retailers to 200 miles....chose that option and saw a darn retailer about a 15 minute drive from me!

http://www.outdoorchef.ca/

Holy crap! Today I went to see for myself and was not disappointed:

In addition to the Dizzy Pig products I was after they had a good selection of chips/chunks, Lodge cookware, bbq sauces and charcoal. They also had a small selection of Weber accessories and all the Egg stuff. The woman working there asked what size Egg I had........when I told her I had a non-Egg kamado and a number of other bbq's she started asking questions. Partway through when she finds out just how many Kettles I have she asks, "why so many Kettles and no Egg"?  I tried to explain but saw I was speaking to someone who was brainwashed so I gave up. The store has a whack of stuff at reasonable prices though so I will go back and not try and convert her....no point.

My haul:

@1buckie - they had the Swamp Venom so I was sure to grab some.

I am sure you guys down South have access to stores with more selection....and I do too but it is a 4 hour plus drive round trip AND this place had slightly better prices..........so for me and @AcrossFromHoss this place being so close is a major resource. Them carrying Weber products also means we may not have to patronize the Weber dealer is the city who jacks prices up big time and come of like BBQ Nazis with their noses perpetually in the air.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:55:33 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Found A Great BBQ Store In My Backyard
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:05:51 AM »
GREAT!!!!!

I noticed a lot of places that sell Big Green Eggs & related also carry Dizzy's......

Good find for you guys !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »
Definitely the store from that kijiji add from a few months back. Glad you were able to get down there. I have 19 bottles of sauce on its way to my house ill be set for a while :)
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 01:10:29 PM »
I noticed they sell the Looflighter. Anyone tried one before?
I picked up 16 of them the other day when they were clearing them out of my local hardware store

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=252057558971&globalID=EBAY-AU
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution