Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Food Saver Professional  (Read 2892 times)

LostArrow

• Smokey Joe
Food Saver Professional
« on: July 19, 2015, 05:24:30 AM »

About six months ago I bought a food saver professional. This is my third food saver my first was a manual model that lasted about 10 years, my second was a automatic model which still works but I've never liked.
 The automatic model worked fine if you use the food saver bags, never worked well with generic bags.
 The automatic model also after ceiling 3 to 4 gallon bags overheated and requires a 20 minute cooling time.
 Food saver professional model is simply the food saver game saver silver model without the 12 V adapter system. It was about 40% cheaper. It's supposedly also came with a larger vacuum motor .
 She supposedly is good for up to 25 vacuum and seals without a resting period.
 Found on sale for $112, food saver always run sales.
 Well I like it, is small enough that it sits on the counter easy to pull out and use. I've never used to seal 25 bags, but  it'll seal 6 to 8 bags without a problem.
 Works great with the generic bags.

Is this the best vacu-sealer no, but as my friend the photographer told me the best camera is the one you have in your hand!
It sits on my counter , ready to use in 30 seconds & gets used several times a week!
My friend bought a 15 in sealer from Weston , it's great when we make sausage but only gets used 3-4 times a year

LostArrow

• Smokey Joe
Re: Food Saver Professional
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 05:59:33 AM »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:35:27 AM »
Thanks for the detailed review.....we have a regular small model & it's a little hard to use, not bad, but if it worked as this one seems to, we'd likely use it much more often.....

Perhaps time for an upgrade?

Thanks !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »
What's the exact model number on this, and where did you find it on sale?

LostArrow

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 11:37:21 AM »

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:17:44 AM »
Same one I got for Christmas last year.  Works great....no complaints from me.  I like how you can keep the roll in there too.  Makes it easy to grab, cut a bag, and get sealing in < 30 seconds.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »
If you have a Costco membership, they have the FM2100 on sale for $59.99.

http://www.costco.com/FoodSaver%C2%AE-FM2100-Vacuum-Sealer.product.100148601.html