Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22" accessories that I should buy?  (Read 6594 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: 22" accessories that I should buy?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 09:13:58 PM »
Thermapen! I'm a pretty big fan of my vortex too.

+1 on two sets of tongs. I use my crappy old pair for coals and my new better pair for food. Some people go three pairs, for coals, raw food, and cooked food, but I think it's overkill. I don't mind Doug a quick wash after putting stuff on the grill.

Quick wash after touching raw food ?  Stick the tips down into the grate.  The heat will kill whatever you might be concerned about. 

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »
Cajun Bandit stacker, Roti ring, some dedicated charcoal tongs that are independent of your food tongs. That one is key IMO. Maybe pickup a spare OTS grate and make an elevated half grate out of it. They are nice to have and there's a few of us here that have made them. Gourmet Grate system is nice. As for thermometers, get a thermapen.

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »
 Don't forget a set of Weber salt & pepper grinders!!  ;D

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 06:28:01 PM »
Vortex

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 12:37:19 PM »
Its important that you don't come out the gate buying things you may use three times a year. As my sign off implies - Build up to those things and do your best to keep it simple.

Short list in this order:
1. Chimney starter - kind of goes without saying but its already said
2. Good quality set of long tongs and spatula - you will never need a fork so don't buy the three pack just order the duo from Weber and be done with it...
3. Quick read thermometer - Thermapen is the king of the hill but there are others and depending on your cooks you may be able to pick up a cheaper one and make due - that is until you use someones Thermapen and fall in love like I did...
4. Weber lighter cubes - stock pile these - you will always need them and you will always run out. Every time I'm out and see them I pick up a box no matter how many I think I have left.   

Those top four will be used in every cook and are well worth the money. Get things you like to handle and are made well everything that follows is not a must have but it does make things a little more fun.

5. Aluminum drip pans of all sizes and a stock of tinfoil (almost made the top 4 list)
6. Firewire/skewers - I personally like Fire for a lot of reasons but any sturdy metal skewer set will do
7. Veggie baskets/pans/bowls - one small and one large
8. Rotisserie - almost a must in my house as a roti-chicken is the wife's favorite cook
9. Rib rack for the rotisserie - not a must have but it makes good use of space and when it comes to ribs the more you can cook at once the better
10. Lodge Cast Iron skillets 12", 10", 8", and several 3.5" - Lodge CI 5 qt Dutch Oven
11. Warming Rack/raised cooking rack - I know that the OEM Weber warming rack is hard to come by and once found can be way overpriced but there are others out there BGE makes several sizes and they work nicely with the Weber kettles.

That's the full line up of goodies I would think anyone should have in their reach. Not all are required and I am sure there are more to be had but these are my go to's .

Have fun out there!
Keep it simple stupid

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 12:51:40 PM »
Vortex
Absolutely......an Positively a must have
Search of Blue or Green MBH

Dr ROK

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
Slow and Sear - http://www.abcbarbecue.com. Best way to go low and slow for long cooks!
Weber Newbie also benefiting from the expertise on the AmazingRibs.com forum!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 05:49:52 PM »
Get some beer! It's a great accessory that goes well with any Weber grilling product.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 05:53:37 PM »
Get some beer! It's a great accessory that goes well with any Weber grilling product.

Just won the thread.
Still need a 22” yellow

Dr ROK

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 07:47:05 PM »
Slow and Sear (SnS) -http://www.abcbarbecue.com Great accessory for smoking low and slow, or searing with extreme heat.
Weber Newbie also benefiting from the expertise on the AmazingRibs.com forum!

Bugman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 04:55:33 AM »
Thermoworks is doing a closeout sale on the Teal thermopens right now if you were on the fence about getting one...