Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Performer Deluxe Questions  (Read 4653 times)

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
Weber Performer Deluxe Questions
« on: June 07, 2015, 06:41:56 AM »
I'm in the UK and considering buying a Performer Deluxe.

From what I can tell, the 2015 version has a different lid bale that allows the lid to be nearly vertical rather than the angled set up of previous years.  Does anyone know if that is the case?  My nearest 'dealer with one in stock is 200+ miles and therefore it's not an easy view. It's also more expensive than other sources for an online purchase. 

Was there a new model number released for this 2015 version?  This may help in verifying the model the Uk stores have available.   The 'latest' UK model is 1481998.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:13:50 AM by FP_Weber »

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Performer Delux Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 06:45:39 AM »
Just located a review.

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2014/10/15/2015-weber-performer-deluxe-review/

Questions still stand though, re model number and UK availability, we may well be behind the USA in versions.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Performer Deluxe Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 05:42:52 PM »
... Does anyone know if that is the case? ...

Yes and there have been a few threads here about the 2015 lid bale for Performer. Can't say what Euro dealers keep in stock but from what we've seen online here in the US, Euro models have debuted colors and lid handle changes, if that's any indication.

We have few UK members who might chime in; I'd call that dealer and have a conversation. They should be able to tell you if their Performer is a 2015 and if it does differ from say, the MasterTouch's lid bale (which still has the older style lid bale for 2015, which makes sense for that model.)

You might also enquire about any other colors that may be available there unless black is desired. Over here, for 2015 we also have a darker green and crimson. It's a matte finish on the latter.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »
Id call weber.
the model should be changed for 2015...its a whole new product line.

Callnur dealer ask for model number...call weber and verify model numberbyear /detsils
Grills

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »
I'm going to call the dealer but it was late Sunday when I asked the question.
However, I think I have located the answer. After checking several US outlets the 2015 Performa Deluxe appears to have a ref: 15501001
They have the metal table, greater lid bale clearance and a few other mods.

The models on sale in the UK have model no 1481998, that could explain why they still have the plastic table and the updated lid bale isn't fitted.

Thanks for the advice.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 05:16:14 AM »
Keep in mind that models destined for export could have different numbers yet be essentially the same. In other words a different model could be different only in the manual, some safety stickers or something else minor required for something in the country it'll wind up in.

But yeah if every online source shows the older lid bale and table that's either a clue, or they just never updated their stock photo. Many of the images on weber.com aren't even current.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
UK dealer confirmed, after a few pointed questions,  that their offering is plastic table and older lid bale.
It's what you can get in the UK for the moment.

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 09:15:39 PM »
Clubchapin
Thanks for the pointer.  These are a very similar spec to the USA and are what I was after.   I may be able to use this to beat the UK supplier over the head.

The sticking point is the cost.  Cheapest 539,00 €    Approx  $600  or £420  and delivery extra!

Hey ho........

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »
I called up Weber UK customer support to cross check the situation re the uK model of the Performer Deluxe.  They confirmed that ALL the uk stock is the 2014 build. So no improved bale or metal table etc....  ( and  BTW no planned deployment of the 2015 version in sight)  ::)

I asked about buying in the rest of Europe where the 2015 version is available, and was advised that the resellers are instructed NOT to ship overseas, ie the UK !

I also asked about buying just the new bale arm in the USA and was told that Weber USA would not ship overseas!

This is the biggest load of crap I have heard, I thought that the UK were part of the European Union with open borders and trading?  Not according to Weber we are not!   I am am going to contact Weber UK and USA to get a definitive written answer.

So guys, when you are thinking where do all the old models that have been withdrawn in the USA go to die, think no further, they have all been set to the UK!!

Also USA weber buyer,s think yourself very fortunate.  Here in the UK, we have to pay 1/3rd more than you do, for an outdated kettle models!

WELL DONE WEBER !!!   :(

I need to go and chill out for a few hours, a glass of wine (bottle or 2) should do the job.  Growl over....       ;)

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
I called up Weber UK customer support to cross check the situation re the uK model of the Performer Deluxe.  They confirmed that ALL the uk stock is the 2014 build. So no improved bale or metal table etc....  ( and  BTW no planned deployment of the 2015 version in sight)  ::)

I asked about buying in the rest of Europe where the 2015 version is available, and was advised that the resellers are instructed NOT to ship overseas, ie the UK !

I also asked about buying just the new bale arm in the USA and was told that Weber USA would not ship overseas!

This is the biggest load of crap I have heard, I thought that the UK were part of the European Union with open borders and trading?  Not according to Weber we are not!   I am am going to contact Weber UK and USA to get a definitive written answer.

So guys, when you are thinking where do all the old models that have been withdrawn in the USA go to die, think no further, they have all been set to the UK!!

Also USA weber buyer,s think yourself very fortunate.  Here in the UK, we have to pay 1/3rd more than you do, for an outdated kettle models!

WELL DONE WEBER !!!   :(

I need to go and chill out for a few hours, a glass of wine (bottle or 2) should do the job.  Growl over....       ;)
if you need any parts to be purchased and shipped to you in the UK just let me know. 

i'm happy to help.

@FP_Weber
I only use kettles with lid bales.

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »
I have located a Spanish Weber stockist that will ship to the uk but the cost is over $700 !!

http://garden.jardinitis.com/productos/barbacoas/weber---barbacoas-de-gas-y-carbon/barbacoas-a-carbon/barbacoa-de-carbon-weber-performer-deluxe-black-gbs-
They are having a laugh.....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:52:35 AM by FP_Weber »

FP_Weber

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »

if you need any parts to be purchased and shipped to you in the UK just let me know. 

i'm happy to help.

@FP_Weber
Many thanks for the offer of assistance. You never know, I may be in touch.     ;D

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 10:56:56 AM »
Amazon.de certainly shipped to me in the US.  You could try them, or one of the other euro amazons, .fr, .it, .es.

it is pretty unbelievable that the UK gets different stock than the rest of the EU.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 12:33:21 PM »
If it makes you feel any better the Aussies and Kiwis are in the same boat..... Except we only get one colour option over here...BLACK!!! And half the of the weber range
FWIW a lot of enthusiasts/collectors would give their left one to have the colour range you get in the UK...and don't start me on the RRP in OZ
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution