Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does Copper do a Color Shift?  (Read 2366 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Does Copper do a Color Shift?
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »
Hey, a buddy of mine is giving a serious look to the 2015 Copper Performer... but he's also starting to appreciate the color shifts he's seeing in my reds.  So he's wondering if the new coppers do any kind of color shift.  Can anyone chime in about this please? 
One of the charcoal people.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Does Copper do a Color Shift?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 07:16:35 PM »
Not that I have seen on mine. The Crimson sure does though.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 08:26:08 AM »
Haven't noticed any shifts on mine either, but I've been cooking low and slow mostly.  Plan to get it up over 400 tonight with a pizza so I'll keep an eye on it.  :-)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 05:46:02 AM »
Not sure about Coppers. However, Copper Mist (brownie) does a slight color shift depending on how hot they get.. Very slight. Crimsons most definitely do keeping with tradition of the red family.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 06:26:44 AM »
Not sure about Coppers. However, Copper Mist (brownie) does a slight color shift depending on how hot they get.. Very slight. Crimsons most definitely do keeping with tradition of the red family.
it's more than slight on my copper mist 18.  she gets real dark. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 06:33:41 AM »
MIke - I have never noticed a color shift in Bisbee.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »

it's more than slight on my copper mist 18.  she gets real dark.

Probably depends on amount of fuel. I guess I haven't gotten my chocolates wicked hot yet. But have noticed the shift.

Rick S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 03:16:33 AM »
Bought my Copper Performer this weekend. Only used it twice, had it up to 600 F last night and have not noticed a color shift yet. Maybe it takes time. I think it would great with some kind of color shift.
Weber 2015 Performer Deluxe, Weber 2001 WSM 18.5 and a Wilmington Grill 2005 Cape Fear.

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 07:12:32 AM »
I need to take some time lapse pics of my blue to see what it does. I really want a crimson and have been close to pulling the trigger the last few days. How dark do they get?
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.