Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2014 Performer table upgrade.  (Read 1799 times)

Celedge

• Happy Cooker
2014 Performer table upgrade.
« on: May 09, 2015, 07:29:26 AM »
Hello all,

I have a 2014 Performer Platinum. I carelessly placed a HOT cast iron pan on the plastic work table and you figure out the rest :-\. I was wondering if anyone had experience replacing the old '14 plastic table with the new metal table on the '15 Performer?

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Re: 2014 Performer table upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:45:06 AM »
I just swapped mine out. It's a direct replacement.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:47:06 AM by dwnthehatch »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Celedge

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 09:36:42 AM »
Thanks guys, glad to hear it. I called Weber early this morning, they told me it wouldn't work? ??? I figured I'd ask the pros. Got my proof (picture). I'll be placing an order to Weber later on.

I'm a newbie to the site, glad I found this place. Again thanks for all your help!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 11:27:30 AM »
The weber reps are directed to only do direct replacement, not upgrades or modifications that so as not to void warranty. You need to get creative sometimes when ordering parts for "projects"

When it is a legit warranty replacement they are second to none.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP