Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spotted in France  (Read 4851 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Spotted in France
« on: May 02, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »
Was in France last month and saw this on a sidewalk in front of a home store.  It is pretty sharp.  I think it was 359EU.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Spotted in France
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »
That's a nice color!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
And......you suitcase was not big enough.....why?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
And......you suitcase was not big enough.....why?

I travel carry on only.  Refuse to check a bag.  Not sure this would fit in the overhead bin.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »
That's pretty! Slate? I wouldn't be surprised if this color comes stateside in the near future as the new "blue". Looks like it would look nice next to a crimson

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
That's pretty! Slate? I wouldn't be surprised if this color comes stateside in the near future as the new "blue". Looks like it would look nice next to a crimson

+1 to that thought. Would make a beautiful pair!
Growing family = growing kettles!

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »
I bet you could have made an exception and checked that... over size bag fee would be worth it.
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 10:59:33 PM »
I was in Crate and Barrel a few days ago and checked out the 2015 Performer Deluxe.  As I recall, that smokey blue gray in the same color on this years C&B.  At least as close as my monitors tired pixels can display.  Wasn't the lime green last years C&B Performer color?
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 05:23:19 AM »
That is cool. I would of bought luggage to bring that home.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 06:47:41 AM »
I was in Crate and Barrel a few days ago and checked out the 2015 Performer Deluxe.  As I recall, that smokey blue gray in the same color on this years C&B.  At least as close as my monitors tired pixels can display.  Wasn't the lime green last years C&B Performer color?

Interesting. In their picture, the C&B blue appears to me to be darker and glossy, not matte. This one in Europe is more blue-gray to my eyes also. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/weber-blue-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill/s379523

@GregS found one here in the states last year and flipped it, http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/incoming-uk-master-touch-gbs-57cm/

There were not Lime but "Grass Green" C&B Performers in '05, '08 and '13; not sure about other years ... neither of which is the same as Spring Green in Europe.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:57:00 AM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »
This was much more matte than a regular glossy kettle. Not like the C&B blue that is pictured at the C&B link. More like the slate that Greg found.

Shafzilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 11:35:08 AM »
The UK Mastertouch lineup has some cool colors. I've got a buddy stationed over there. If I had the money to blow, I'd try getting one of these.

"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."- Ron Swanson

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »
@MadMax has the slate mt now.  He can post pics at some point but the new cb blue is not slate.  Not even close. 

The euro spring green is very close to the old cb performer limes.  It may be the same but I think it's a tad lighter.  Haven't had both models side by side to say for sure though. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »
At least in pix, Spring Green looks damn near iridescent. The C&B Grass Green is uh, more like the color of lawn grass. A tad darker/deeper.

But ... are ANY of those Euro colors glossy? Not sure I trust any of the stock studio pix. I do like me some good old fashioned gloss and shine.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 07:08:29 PM »
When I visited the 'smokey blue-gray' performer in the C&B just shy of Portland, it definitely wasn't the blue in the link picture.  Guess I'll need to get my eyes color tested :-)
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".