Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jumbo Joe - Design Flaw, or Just My Carelessness?  (Read 1011 times)

Eapples

• WKC Brave
Jumbo Joe - Design Flaw, or Just My Carelessness?
« on: May 04, 2015, 03:46:13 AM »
Hello:

I just recently notice something with my Jumbo Joe. Where the lid rests against the lip of the bowl in the lid holder there are rust marks. I realized that when I place the lid in the holder, the inside of the lid scrapes against the lip of the bowl, UNLESS it's placed carefully in the lid holder. I think that the lid could be designed to be a little more concave, and maybe a little higher than it is, so that there's no way to scrape the inside of the lid against the lip of the bowl. I know the folks at Weber are good about replacing parts, even when a replacement isn't required or requested. I'm not going to ask for a replacement. My questions are -- should I bring this to their attention, or do you think Weber is already aware of this problem?  OR is this just a case of your truly being a bit careless in the placement of the lid in the lid holder?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Jumbo Joe - Design Flaw, or Just My Carelessness?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:00:29 AM »
I may need my 2nd cuppa coffee before proceeding here.

Is the lid edge scraping the bowl, or is the lid interior scraping the bowl?

Rust marks are on the lid edge, or bowl edge?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch