Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question about SS Performer Parts  (Read 2565 times)

newuser

• Happy Cooker
Question about SS Performer Parts
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:54:09 AM »
I hope this is the right place to post my question. I have a SS Performer that is in good condition and I would like to get rid of all parts except the cart. The old owner replaced the lid with a black one, but the bowl is green. Can someone help me with a fair price on all the parts together?
  • Green bowl
    Black lid
    Ash catcher ring
    Ash catcher pot and removal rod thing
    Cleaning assembly with thumbscrew and nut
    Support brace for cleaning assembly
    Gas system

I have cleaned everything up as good as it's going to get and there are no rust spots of defects on any of the parts. Just wondering what a good price would be for Craigslist since I know next to nothing about these grills. I plan on taking a few pictures shortly.

Thank you

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Question about SS Performer Parts
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:59:21 AM »
Hey there newuser. Parting out grills on a general site like CL or eBay will take some patience. There's more than one style, http://weberkettleclub.com/grills/weber-performer-history/ and knowing the year will help both you and potential buyers, http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/

The best I can suggest wold be to research what replacement parts cost new and price accordingly. ereplacements.com, Amazon etc.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

newuser

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 06:10:32 AM »
Thank you a ton for the help! I saw someone put a WSM on the SS performer cart and I already own the latest Performer, so I'm trying to put something together.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »
Thank you a ton for the help! I saw someone put a WSM on the SS performer cart and I already own the latest Performer, so I'm trying to put something together.

Another idea that has been done is to use the performer bowl as the wsm bowl. This lets you use gas ignition and one touch air and ash management.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-latest-project-ss-super-smokey-mountain/msg144509/#msg144509
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:59:51 PM by ClubChapin »

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
If share you city and state you may get buyer from here.

Seems like the year of the ss performer may be hard to discern if the lid was replaced...but the bowl may have been the replacement piece.

Else the handle kit on the charcoal bin lid will be an indicator

Black charcoal binnhandles seem to be the early 2000 models while the light grey handles would be pre 2000 model year

Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »

Another idea that has been done is to use the performer bowl as the wsm bowl. This lets you use gas ignition and one touch air and ash management.

Really?
Grills

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »

Really?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-latest-project-ss-super-smokey-mountain/msg144509/#msg144509

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »
I think i ran across this a while back before knowing about ss carts..

The mod makes a lot of sense now.

That is a great setup..great excuse to buy a 22"wsm
Grills

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 12:25:15 PM »
Yea, I'd love to find a 22" WSM to use on my SS perf. like this.