Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I guess it's time to build a mini...  (Read 6808 times)

SixZeroFour

Re: I guess it's time to build a mini...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 05:51:33 AM »
Great looking mini Nate!

And way to raise your cute little helpers the right way... on a weber! 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »
I agree, yours is also snazzy, @Tommy B ... how'd you add the blue color and graphic?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 05:24:55 AM »
I agree, yours is also snazzy, @Tommy B ... how'd you add the blue color and graphic?

The painting process takes a long time but I liked how mine turned out. One of my middle school teachers/football coach started a t-shirt business, Tumbleweed Texstyles. They had this awesome TX BBQ shirt with the logo I painted on my mini. I asked nicely and he sent me the art work and allowed me to turn it into a decal to paint on my mini. I used high heat header paint from autozone. I followed the directions on the can which say to spray 3 coats and allow 24 hours to dry. So I sprayed 3 coats of primer, waited 24 hours and sanded. Sprayed 3 coats of white, waited 24 hours and sanded. I put the the shape of Texas decal over the white then sprayed 3 coats of red, waited 24 hours and sanded. Then I put the BBQ letters on sprayed the whole pot blue with 3 coats and sanded. I waited 48 hours and carefully removed the decals. I let it sit another day and then sprayed with 3 coats of clear coat. As the directions say I cured the paint job in the oven and I was done. It has held up pretty well. There is a couple of nicks here and there from use but hey its a smoker its not supposed to be perfect. A couple scratches and gunk mean its well used! If you have any specific questions let me know.
Hotty Toddy!