Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Gallery request for content  (Read 1629 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
WKC Gallery request for content
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:28:56 PM »
Hello everybody.  As most of you know, here at the Weber Kettle Club…we have a Grill Gallery that is for highlighting some of our own member’s cool grills.  For those of you that are newer to the site, or may have missed it, there is a link to it through the forums page, right under the WKC banner – and between the “Support WKC and Forums” tab.   A link can also be found on the actual WKC homepage.

The purpose of our Grill Gallery is to highlight unique grills of all models and vintage.  We also have a tab in there for Weber Grill Modifications and Customization.   Soon, we will be adding a tab for “Family Portraits”.   Many of us here have been bitten by “Weberitis” and have accumulated more than one grill!  This will be an area to show off your collection and what makes you proud.  There will be more on the “Family Portraits” section to come in the near future that will include some fun giveaways.

Some of the criteria that we are looking for in the Gallery submissions would be the following:

-   Rare grills
-   Grills of color (I really don’t hate on black grills all the time!)
-   Unique models in Weber history (Seville, Sequoia, Rangers, etc.)
-   Grills you have modified, or customized to your personal liking.
-   Old and unique Weber cooking accessories
-   Special logo grills

What I’d like to see are quality photos with good lighting.  Try and keep the sun to your back to avoid glare and don’t cast your own shadow on it.  Be aware of the background of your grill when you take your pictures.  We don’t want anything in your picture that might distract from your Weber.
If your grill is really unique, or has a fun story behind how it was acquired, that’s helpful for the reader when they see it in the Gallery.  Tell us about the age if you know, the model, and even its “nickname” if you know it (The Aristocrat, Yachtsmen, etc.)  Take a look around and you’ll see some nice examples of what would be considered a good submission.

Please forward all submissions for consideration to : Gallery@Weberkettleclub.com

Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:51:45 PM by Troy »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: WKC Gallery request for content
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 01:04:43 PM »
@Jeff   With the logo kettles do you want just the logo, the logo with most of the lid?  With the colored kettles do you want individual kettles, group shots? Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:36:15 PM by 1911Ron »
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:19:02 PM »
Hi @1911Ron
Multiple photos of the logo grills would be best.  Say, 1 close up shot of the logo by itself, then one of the whole lid, and of the whole grill itself.
With the colored kettles, individual shots are what we are looking for.  Different angles are nice, side profiles, looking down, etc.  Be creative.  There really isn't a right or wrong.  Even if you have cooking shots if you know the color of your grill changes too, but sometimes that's hard to capture in a photo depending on your lighting.  Tell us a story about it.  How long you've had it, how you acquired it, or if there's something special how you found it.

No group shots for now.  Let's hold off on that till we start the "Family Photos" section.  That will be announced soon!  Be on the look out for details on that.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »
Ok thanks
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......