Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Addition(s)  (Read 4262 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
New Addition(s)
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »
After a year of buying and selling craigslist finds. I have some new additions and felt like posting:

New 18" WSM with PITMASTER IQ 110 and New Performer Deluxe will be my go to's.
The 18" 3 wheeler was a craigslist score primarily for tailgating and traveling.
The SJG Mini WSM is the old sentimental favorite.
The Genesis still serves as a workhouse for family parties.

These aren't just pretty faces. This photo was taken to commemorate the maiden voyage of the performer. While I was arranging these kettles a nice porterhouse was earning some grill marks.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New Addition(s)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 06:50:34 PM »
That's sharp !!!

Intimidating WEBER BLACKNESS !!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:59:25 PM »
That's the sort of lineup that can handle about any task with ease and creativity --- and do it in style.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 03:32:39 AM »
That's sharp !!!

Intimidating WEBER BLACKNESS !!!!!!
Thanks @1buckie. I am partial to black. The two thoughts i had as i staged them all:

1. Darth Vader would be proud.  I should be playing the imperial march from star wars.

2. I'm more of a Chevy Man, but Henry Ford would be proud too: "You can have any colour, as long as it's black"
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 03:50:00 AM »
Ya, I can't imagine anything that you cant cook on those...nice collection!!

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 04:40:37 AM »
Hawt.
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 04:43:17 AM »
That's the sort of lineup that can handle about any task with ease and creativity --- and do it in style.

That was the goal.

One other thought: If i ever needed to cook for a real large group, i could remove the center portions of the smokers, and use the bowls with lids as grills on a table, That would give me:
                                                   Sq. In. Cooking area                Burger Capacity Each
1 - 22 inch kettle                     363                                      15
2 - 18 inch kettles*                     240                                      10
2 - 14 inch kettles                     147                                        6
1 - Genesis                              637                                      25
TOTAL                                1774 Sq. In. Cooking area        72 Burgers

That is more then a Ranch Kettle and a 26" Kettle combined!

At this point the only things i could add (without exact redundancy) are a 26" Kettle and a 22" inch WSM. Both of which would be awesome but would be overkill for my typical needs. All that being said, if one popped up on craigslist for a great price, i'm sure i could find room 8)

The only other thing i am actively looking for is a cheap 22" beater kettle to use as a dedicated high heat pizza cooker. i want to experiment doing pizza this summer and don't want to damage the performer in the process. I'm sure i will find one for $20 or less at some point this spring when people start spring cleaning.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:02:47 AM by CharliefromLI »

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »
Awesome, Charlie. But, you've got the whole gamut covered in black, EXCEPT - a brand new black Mastertouch! You'd better get on it. ;-)

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »
A black 26 would fit in nicely tho!

Nice line up charlie, for sure.
I only use kettles with lid bales.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 02:29:10 PM »
Looking good.
May The Smoke Be With You!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »
Looking good.

Hmm, The MT is nice...

If I didn't have room for the performer the MT would be a solid find. If I grabbed one on CL for the right price It might be an add on.

Adding the MT warming rack to my performer would be really awesome.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
The new performer is sweet! Love the extended lid bail and metal table.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 04:01:52 PM »
@austin87 I agree. The wider kid bale is nice but the metal table is the real difference IMO. My old OTP Had the thermoset table and it always looked filthy no matter how often I cleaned it. The dark metal is easier to keep clean. Also the new gourmet grate is a nice upgrade.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »
Nice bunch of Webers there!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC