Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My. red  (Read 3071 times)

Qreps

• WKC Brave
My. red
« on: March 22, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »
[/URL]] Just wanted to share a photo of my red I got off Craig's list for $15 I've been cleaning her up

Qreps

• WKC Brave
Re: My. red
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:17:11 PM »
Trying to figure out how to post pictures. I'm having a hell of a time sorry if it doesn't show up I'll keep trying.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »
15!?!?

You got a great deal!!!

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:21:40 PM »
[/URL]]

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »
What's the trick to post photo I've been trying photo bucket

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
Copy and paste the IMG code from photobuckeo . Not the URL
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 04:34:24 PM »
Qreps, when you're on the Photobucket page, it wll have something like this:

Click on the BOX to the right of where it says IMG or IMG Code & it will flash yellow for a second saying "Copied"........

at that point, the unique signature for that photo is held on your clpboard.....

Bring it here to your posting box, right click & paste it in the box.....then leave a space or two (just hit "enter" a time or two) & either write a description or load another photo by doing the same.....

Should look something like this:

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »
wow That's a stunner.

Qreps, hit the "quote" button to this post to see the code used. That's what you're aiming for, img tags wrapped around the url for the jpeg.

> With Photobucket, you can get the image's url and use the image button here to wrap the code around it. Photo bucket calls it the "direct" link, starts with http and ends with the filename extension (jpg)

Also, you can hit the Preview link here before posting to verify if it works.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »
Beautiful.  And we can help you get a proper ash bucket mounted on that beauty too, if you want. 
One of the charcoal people.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
i'm still in shock at the $15 price.

It's missing the thermo, thermo housing, and the little plastic nub on the vent. (plus the ash ring & catcher)

How is the one touch cleaning system?

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »
I have the bracket to hold the ash catcher . I notice it different then my generation 3 that I have will it be harder to find the proper parts to replace  the one touch system and ash catcher.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 05:48:21 PM »
Might have had other work done to it; the lid bale rollers are the newer flared or fluted style.

The original One Touch is part # 7409, all but unobtanium. Easier to get the newer "H" style One Touch, forget the ashcan hanger bar and use hose clamps to secure the ashcan.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »
Great looking red and a steal!
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »
The one touch was shot. There was some blemishes on it,after I cleaned it up I did some touch ups with some red brake caliper paint. The gas assist cleaned up great and it came with 2 bottles. I'm so happy with it. I really appreciate all the advise and support on this form this is a great place.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »
That's one helluva deal for that red! Nice find!