Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New owner of a Performer Silver , or maybe not...  (Read 2925 times)

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
New owner of a Performer Silver , or maybe not...
« on: January 24, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »
So we all must know about the big Home Depot clearance event going on with Weber grills.
I went out on Monday and saw a OTS $20 off MSRP but nothing that was low that i was hearing about.
We have a storm going on here in the North East, so i dropped the wife off to get food as I went to HD. Prices were lower! but they had nothing :( After going home and eating i decided i would make a small run and went to 2 more stores. The first has a 18' black OTS for $20 and that was it. I can get a 22 black OTS all day long for $25 in my area.

Went out to the next store and they had two Perfromer Silvers, so i grabbed one. Thought i would leave the next one for the next BBQ lover, but might just go into the hands of someone buying it and putting it on CL for double the price. Interesting thing i found out was that the price ended with 3 cents, meaning in 3 weeks the grills will be marked to 1 penny and then sent to the dumpster....that is what the clerk told me. I would think that would never happen with a Weber grill.

I am happy with the purchase since the 3 things i want on my OTG is a table, and a thermometer, and a far distant a lid holder. The silver model was $58 but i think the Platinum is $78 and the Gold must be $68 I assume.

Ill go out tomorow morning see if i can get a Performer Platinum, i have 4 more stores i can hit in the morning. Hope i become a new Performer Platinum owner instead. Then will see what the plans will be for the other 2 grills.

Either way my other plan is to eBay the grate, and the handle. Then buy a wooden handle through WKC and the gourmet rack. I did the same with my gasser, sold the grates, and bars on eBay and upgraded them. Smart huh.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: New owner of a Performer Silver , or maybe not...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 06:12:52 PM »
I should do some hunting. I could always make a OTS firepit. My 18wsm needs a grill grate anyway...
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 07:11:45 PM »
Save some time and call around. They will typically tell you stock and price and hold for you.

It can be helpful if you know the item number.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:13:42 PM by ClubChapin »

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 07:13:02 PM »
So we all must know about the big Home Depot clearance event going on with Weber grills.
I went out on Monday and saw a OTS $20 off MSRP but nothing that was low that i was hearing about.
We have a storm going on here in the North East, so i dropped the wife off to get food as I went to HD. Prices were lower! but they had nothing :( After going home and eating i decided i would make a small run and went to 2 more stores. The first has a 18' black OTS for $20 and that was it. I can get a 22 black OTS all day long for $25 in my area.

Went out to the next store and they had two Perfromer Silvers, so i grabbed one. Thought i would leave the next one for the next BBQ lover, but might just go into the hands of someone buying it and putting it on CL for double the price. Interesting thing i found out was that the price ended with 3 cents, meaning in 3 weeks the grills will be marked to 1 penny and then sent to the dumpster....that is what the clerk told me. I would think that would never happen with a Weber grill.

I am happy with the purchase since the 3 things i want on my OTG is a table, and a thermometer, and a far distant a lid holder. The silver model was $58 but i think the Platinum is $78 and the Gold must be $68 I assume.

Ill go out tomorow morning see if i can get a Performer Platinum, i have 4 more stores i can hit in the morning. Hope i become a new Performer Platinum owner instead. Then will see what the plans will be for the other 2 grills.

Either way my other plan is to eBay the grate, and the handle. Then buy a wooden handle through WKC and the gourmet rack. I did the same with my gasser, sold the grates, and bars on eBay and upgraded them. Smart huh.

So far the only performers posted were silver and gold, no one has posted platinums and most HD's didn't carry platinums but if you can find one let us know. I'd be very interested in buying one.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:02:33 PM »
So far the only performers posted were silver and gold, no one has posted platinums and most HD's didn't carry platinums but if you can find one let us know. I'd be very interested in buying one.

I believe you are right. I head to the bbq section in HD every time and don't think I ever saw a platinum either, a gold yes. $17 worth the extras? Mmm I might go to 1 more and skip the others tomorrow.

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »
Save some time and call around. They will typically tell you stock and price and hold for you.

That would work for a regular stock item, but if you called HD and I picked up the phone....I would lie to you and take the grill for myself. For that cheap of a price, you bet your bippy.

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 07:43:36 PM »
Looks to be like HD just had the Silver and Gold.
This is what I picked up http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/clearance-deals-on-at-home-depot/msg145225/#msg145225
I already put the Silver together.