Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Transferrable Skills  (Read 1228 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Transferrable Skills
« on: January 13, 2015, 07:33:07 AM »
I thought I'd start a thread where we can share the time-saving skills that we've transferred over from the world of kettle cleaning/cooking/repair to other venues.  A kind of distributed kettle-head R&D, as it were. 

Here's mine:

I was scrubbing out the oven one day, trying to deal with the sloppy muck of crusty food and whatever cleaner that inevitably needs to be soaked up with rags or paper towels and thrown out.  Followed by the repeated soaking and constant scrubbing to get all of that crud to come loose. Right about then the thought occurred to me, 'Hey, this is metal covered with porcelain, just like a kettle!'.  I ran out to the shed, grabbed my long-handled razor scraper, and make quick work of all of that mess.  Now I just skip the liquid cleaners altogether, scraping up the baked-on food and then using the shop vac to make it disappear.  No mess, no paper towels, no laundry, not even any dirty hands!  It works for the porcelain parts of the cooktop, too. 
One of the charcoal people.

SixZeroFour

Re: Transferrable Skills
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:39:10 PM »
Mine isn't nearly as useful but it does save you from having to walk back inside for an opener ;)

Cheers!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 06:58:16 AM »
"no beer was consumed in the making of this photo montage"
One of the charcoal people.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 07:04:19 AM »