Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mod Month Official Master Thread!  (Read 35109 times)

WilliamInColorado

• Smokey Joe
Re: Mod Month Official Master Thread!
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2014, 06:20:26 PM »
@1buckie - If you mean the grate on top, um.. no reason.

@zavod44 - Solid build. Wow!

Star-B-Que

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2014, 06:30:22 PM »
This project started with a need to haul more grill space in a short bed truck. My first attempt used 4 sjps. They were mounted to a central unit made from a turkey fryer burner. It required much assembly and took all of the bed space. There was no work area for food preparation. Version 2, as seen here, is based on a 6 foot stainless prep table. I have a well equipped work shop and working with metal is my hobby. We originally were going to build this with blue 22.5 kettles. In the midst of the build, we discovered the copper colored kettles at Target and decided to go with those. We had to add the ash catchers since Target only sold silvers. The table has been in use for about 2 years. These are the first pictures we've shown on the internet. My wife calls it the Steak Machine. We added magnetic knife holders to each end of the table. I turned the joints and hinges on a lathe. I probably could have incorporated the leg braces with the mounts for the arms if I had been thinking about it at the time. The table is heavy, but can be loaded into the truck by one person. I almost always have help when unloading at the cooking site.

http://knightssky.tripod.com/weber%20pics/steakmachine1.JPG

http://knightssky.tripod.com/weber%20pics/steakmachine2.JPG

http://knightssky.tripod.com/weber%20pics/steakmachine3.JPG

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2014, 07:41:10 PM »
Star that's absolutely amazing!!  Would love more pics. Outstanding build.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2014, 08:34:48 PM »
The 26 on this platform is incredibly stable.  The extra handle on the lid is really great.  My wife could barely lift it and not it's very easy.  I love it too.  For some reason my 26 never sat correct on it's legs so this was a great solution.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »
This project started with a need to haul more grill space in a short bed truck. My first attempt used 4 sjps. They were mounted to a central unit made from a turkey fryer burner. It required much assembly and took all of the bed space. There was no work area for food preparation. Version 2, as seen here, is based on a 6 foot stainless prep table. I have a well equipped work shop and working with metal is my hobby. We originally were going to build this with blue 22.5 kettles. In the midst of the build, we discovered the copper colored kettles at Target and decided to go with those. We had to add the ash catchers since Target only sold silvers. The table has been in use for about 2 years. These are the first pictures we've shown on the internet. My wife calls it the Steak Machine...

DAMM !! :o

Star, THAT is something else!;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:43:01 PM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2014, 07:24:22 AM »
I made a rotisserie ring for my 14" Smokey Joe/Cajun Bandit conversion.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »
Star-B-Que - that is absolutely amazing!! The fold away arms are brilliant, very VERY cool!!!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

WilliamInColorado

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »
@Star-B-Que - That is a work of art there - the size, the folding, and all the copper! Wow! I just was daydreaming about a 4 person grilling competition between 4 WKC members  with the food, beer  and smell of great BBQ in the air. Thanks for sharing, your build with haunt my dreams.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »
This project started with a need to haul more grill space in a short bed truck. My first attempt used 4 sjps. They were mounted to a central unit made from a turkey fryer burner. It required much assembly and took all of the bed space. There was no work area for food preparation. Version 2, as seen here, is based on a 6 foot stainless prep table. I have a well equipped work shop and working with metal is my hobby. We originally were going to build this with blue 22.5 kettles. In the midst of the build, we discovered the copper colored kettles at Target and decided to go with those. We had to add the ash catchers since Target only sold silvers. The table has been in use for about 2 years. These are the first pictures we've shown on the internet. My wife calls it the Steak Machine. We added magnetic knife holders to each end of the table. I turned the joints and hinges on a lathe. I probably could have incorporated the leg braces with the mounts for the arms if I had been thinking about it at the time. The table is heavy, but can be loaded into the truck by one person. I almost always have help when unloading at the cooking site.

Check out this awesomeness people!!!

@Star-B-Que Your post was great, just missing the [/img][/img] tags around the image url's (except no "/" in the first one)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:02:58 PM by SixZeroFour »

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »
I made a rotisserie ring for my 14" Smokey Joe/Cajun Bandit conversion.

Very cool.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2014, 06:16:35 PM »
Awesome stuff guys!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Mod Month Official Master Thread!
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »

PRESENTS

From Weber's 2015  Heritage Lineup. I give you...... The Motorboater. Son of Yachtsman.

Hanging out with Grandad: The Gourmet

Hanging out with cousin Red

The Motorboater comes with a twist...

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:00:55 PM by Craig »

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2014, 06:45:40 PM »
Motorboat. Giggity!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Honorable mention from this summer. It is not in the MOD gallery.

Mrs. C

SixZeroFour

« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »
Wow - I'm way late to this party. Here are a few fun photos to keep everyone on their toes ;)

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø, RETRO #1 ,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø, RETRO #2 ,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸.

WTF? :o ;)

Big thanks to @MartyG for organizing this! Some really cool idea and contraptions!!