Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Back in 2015.....The MT  (Read 8343 times)

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: Back in 2015.....The MT
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »
everything else great in life came in pink...

the '62 fender stratocaster, the '57 chevy belair...  V that grill Troy just posted... 

i know what you were thinking you sickos.  :o
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:15:22 PM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
Im still stuck on wanting Weber making a PINK grill.....that would make a statement,  IMO. Wife gave me the ok to buy a new one if its pink ...LoL.......Just my 2 cents
Brent

boobie pink?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »

Im still stuck on wanting Weber making a PINK grill.....that would make a statement,  IMO. Wife gave me the ok to buy a new one if its pink ...LoL.......Just my 2 cents
Brent

boobie pink?

That boobie is more the Canadian Bacon variety. As opposed to the more bemisted "pepperoni" boobie cookers

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Black only per Weber: Back in 2015.....The MT
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 11:34:27 AM »
I sent Weber an email a few days ago:

I see on Amazon.com that your will be coming out with a new version of the Master-Touch.  Can you tell me if there will be any colors other than black and when the planned release is for these grills?  It looks like there are some really nice improvements on this model.  Very excited!

Thanks,

Mitch Golden

This was the response I just received today:

Thank you for your interest in Weber.

The Master-Touch was a premium model available during the 1990's, and it is the highest end charcoal model produced by Weber, in terms of the number of features offered.

The features include:

Primary cooking area of 363 sq. inches
Warming rack area of 80 sq. inches
Total cooking area of 443 sq. inches
Gourmet BBQ System hinged cooking grate
Porcelain enameled bowl & lid
Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system
Removable, high-capacity aluminum ash catcher
Rust-resistant aluminum damper
One glass-reinforced nylon handle with tool hooks
Lid handle with heat shield
Spring clip/push pin leg assembly
Durable all-weather 8" rubber molded wheels
Tuck-Away lid holder
Two Char-Basket charcoal fuel holders
Built-in thermometer

We do not have specific information right now about which dealers will carry this item and when it will be released, however, it does appear that Amazon is already taking order for it.  It will only be available in black.

Sincerely,

Matt

My feelings are a little mixed on this.  I was really hoping there would be some different colors so I could add some color to my almost all black collection.  On the other hand, if it's black I could pick one of these up and add it into the rotation and my wife probably wouldn't even notice.   ;D

I just wonder if they're right on this.  I would hate to order the black only to see another color come out shortly afterwards.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »
I'm not too surprised that the MT will reappear in only black at first. Weber seems rather cautious about rolling out new items in a hurry (This probably also explains why most if not all Weber products are awesome!). That being said if it sells well you can bet other colors will not be that far behind!

Pricepoint is key here and it appears it's about a $40 upgrade over the standard OTG. I'd pay that all day long for the longer legs, lid bale, and included gourmet grate system.

Can't wait to take a look at one of these in person!  :D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:52:05 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Dave O

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »
Does this mean that the warming rack will be a standard item on the master touch only ??
Will Weber sell this item separately ? I have one unused still in original box, which I may sell.

Mmmmm

• WKC Brave
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »
Brent
With the popularity of the breast cancer awareness movement in the last number of years, all you'd have to do is mention it to Weber and I'll bet you would see it within a week. It's obvious society simply likes to say the word "breast."
"What this world needs is more humble geniuses. There are so few of us left."

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »
I actually have a handle for a 2015 Master Touch here at home. Weber replaced my 2014 Copper Performer lid with the new style and the rep misplaced the order and sent me a black handle that says Master Touch on it instead of a grey Performer one. I suspected the Master Touch was coming back when I read the invoice for the lid that said "Lid - 2015 Performer / MT"

Can't wait to buy one!

This makes me think the MT will be available in Copper as well as black. I could be wrong.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 06:41:43 PM »
I see they have the colored  performers on Amazon now.  Same colors as last year, but of course the metal table, new lid bale, etc. .

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »
That almost reads as if Amazon will only be offering it in black.

It would be a real boneheaded mistake to release this grill only in black everywhere in the US when it is available in all sorts of colors in Europe.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »
my agent in the UK will be sending me an ivory one if they only show up in black here. 

now i'm sorry i didn't stay in that ivory 57cm ots auction past 62 pounds yesterday. 

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
I actually have a handle for a 2015 Master Touch here at home. Weber replaced my 2014 Copper Performer lid with the new style and the rep misplaced the order and sent me a black handle that says Master Touch on it instead of a grey Performer one. I suspected the Master Touch was coming back when I read the invoice for the lid that said "Lid - 2015 Performer / MT"

Can't wait to buy one!

This makes me think the MT will be available in Copper as well as black. I could be wrong.

I agree.  Makes sense. Unless they are going to sell a copper MT in Europe. But I don't think they sell copper over there? Guess we'll find out soon enough...

Craig

• WKC Mod
Back in 2015.....The MT
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 04:45:32 AM »
I wanna know when these will appear on Amazon.... I mean we're talking 2015 here..

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2014, 05:45:17 AM »
I wanna know when these will appear on Amazon.... I mean we're talking 2015 here..

was offered in pink.

just sayin'.