Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Back in 2015.....The MT  (Read 8341 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Back in 2015.....The MT
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »
Ivory, ivory.....  Please!

Winz

I am with you 100% Winz.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 09:49:43 PM »
also - those wheels are something i've never seen before.
different than any current or previous model as far as i can tell.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 10:15:04 PM »
Must be a nice item if we've made it to 17 posts in a new product thread without a complaint. :D
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 03:59:49 AM »
he EU and US markets are very, VERY different.
absolutely they are.  try selling blood pudding at a circus in 'merica next to a cotton candy stand.  i couldn't agree with you more.

she was very frank about saying, "they haven't told us anything yet and don't until Dec, sometimes the 1st, sometimes the 15th, we never know".  she also seemed rather concerned that i could be a auditor checking up on how she handled the call. 

but my question to her wasn't "is ivory going to be an option on the MT next year in the US?"  my question was more along the lines of "generally speaking, are things that sell well in the UK brought to the US the following year"  to which she replied "sure."  that i would believe.   

if this community and the others like it that are largely supported by people in the USA chant, "we want ivory, we want ivory" our chanced of getting it are increased.  they're marketing people lurk these threads.  their job is to know what the US buying market wants.

however there's a large portion of the buying US public that would laugh at the very notion of an ivory kettle.  so if we got it, it would likely be a very limited production quantity. 

i think.  maybe.  who knows.   ;)

i hope this post doesn't come across as an attack or disagreement.  i agree with you as i said from the start. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »
That might actually get me to buy a factory new Weber.  Of course, I would be replacing the new craptacular handle and slapping some old school 8" wheels on it.  I'll take mine in imperial blue, or what ever the Brits call that color now.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:01:13 AM by Hofy »
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »
I love my red MT and SS performer, but I find it difficult to cook on the MT and performer when the lid is sitting in the lid bale. Great concept but it just doesn't position the lid far enough away from the grill to give the grill master enough room to work with. I always feel like the lid is in my way of flipping my food and end up setting the lid on the grass when I need to flip something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look at the new Performer it looks like the lid bail is larger, so the lid sits more of to the side.  I know i will be slowly and surely replacing my lid bails once the parts are available ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »
My thoughts exactly too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 11:53:31 AM »
^ whoa that blue i nice! 

If you look at the new Performer it looks like the lid bail is larger, so the lid sits more of to the side.  I know i will be slowly and surely replacing my lid bails once the parts are available ;D
the new bailer on the Perf is larger and the lid sits pretty far over compared to the older perfs and MT's.  i assume it's the same bail as the new MT.  i'll get pics this weekend so you guys can see/review/ask questions. 

been running around all morning so i haven't had the time. 

also want.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:00:34 PM by GregS »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
^ whoa that blue i nice! 

the new bailer on the Perf is larger and the lid sits pretty far over compared to the older perfs and MT's.  i assume it's the same bail as the new MT.  i'll get pics this weekend so you guys can see/review/ask questions. 

been running around all morning so i haven't had the time. 

also want.

That looks like an old Hot Wheels color, i like it!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »
That might actually get me to buy a factory new Weber.  Of course, I would be replacing the new craptacular handle and slapping some old school 8" wheels on it.  I'll take mine in imperial blue, or what ever the Brits call that color now.

Looking at that blue makes me think I need an ivory and a blue.  Damn.

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 04:12:54 PM »
I actually have a handle for a 2015 Master Touch here at home. Weber replaced my 2014 Copper Performer lid with the new style and the rep misplaced the order and sent me a black handle that says Master Touch on it instead of a grey Performer one. I suspected the Master Touch was coming back when I read the invoice for the lid that said "Lid - 2015 Performer / MT"

Can't wait to buy one!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
That looks like an old Hot Wheels color, i like it!
it does look very '70's hot rod doesn't it.  :D

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »
Amazon is taking orders at $190.  I'm so tempted to pull the trigger but I would love to get it in something other than black.  You guys think they'll make different colors?  I'm so conflicted!!!

Big B

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »
Im still stuck on wanting Weber making a PINK grill.....that would make a statement,  IMO. Wife gave me the ok to buy a new one if its pink ...LoL.......Just my 2 cents
Brent
Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!