Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Back in 2015.....The MT  (Read 8336 times)

G

• WKC Ranger

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Back in 2015.....The MT
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:14:06 AM »
I have to put credit on the WKC and all my complaints for bringing back the master-touch grill.

I am a CL junkie and never buy new but if Weber is truly bringing this back I may find the funds to purchase.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 04:22:32 AM »
saw those on the UK site. 

i was wondering, is europe the market testing grounds for weber?

https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/mastertouch/
I only use kettles with lid bales.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:23:05 AM »
I have to put credit on the WKC and all my complaints for bringing back the master-touch grill.

I am a CL junkie and never buy new but if Weber is truly bringing this back I may find the funds to purchase.

Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 04:26:16 AM »

Longer legs and a gourmet grate!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 04:38:14 AM »
Sweet!  I'm guessing this might be a slip.  I just checked Webers site last night to look for new product and didn't see any 2015s.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 05:54:25 AM »
Very cool... looking more and more like 2015 is the next evolution step for Weber! The model # is also in line with the newer one's we've been seeing recently.

coldkettle: Weber is notorious for leaking products before updating their website so I have a (hopeful) feeling this is legit. ;)

I just really REALLY hope that they don't do something stupid like only release black as a "safe" market test here in NA for the MT...
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 06:03:41 AM »
I just really REALLY hope that they don't do something stupid like only release black as a "safe" market test here in NA for the MT...

I agree.. At $190.. for a black kettle its hard to swallow. But For $200 and color..
It would be a no brainer.. They could come with a better than stick grate or maybe an SS one..

I feel that Weber is listening.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 06:10:05 AM »
 Ivory, ivory.....  Please!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 06:23:11 AM »
Ivory, ivory.....  Please!
Winz

No joke, I have some (painfully) slow plans in motion to acquire an ivory from the UK. I wish I could stock up on every freaking color they offer but costs, even with family living over there, makes even one kettle borderline insane. Ivory is the one and only color I would buck up for... but now I may wait a month or so to see how this all unfolds :) C'mon kettle gods!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 07:17:59 AM »
I love my red MT and SS performer, but I find it difficult to cook on the MT and performer when the lid is sitting in the lid bale. Great concept but it just doesn't position the lid far enough away from the grill to give the grill master enough room to work with. I always feel like the lid is in my way of flipping my food and end up setting the lid on the grass when I need to flip something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 08:25:57 AM »
I love my red MT and SS performer, but I find it difficult to cook on the MT and performer when the lid is sitting in the lid bale. Great concept but it just doesn't position the lid far enough away from the grill to give the grill master enough room to work with. I always feel like the lid is in my way of flipping my food and end up setting the lid on the grass when I need to flip something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had that situation on a Perfromer but never on a master-touch.  Master-Touch is by far my favorite grill.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:41:59 AM »
Waited until I decided to make one and got the parts to convert a silver from this years Target clearance and then they come out with the MT again in 2015.  I don't have the gourmet grate or the new wheels but I'll have about $60 dollars less in the project then it looks like they will be selling on Amazon so I can live with that.  Like everyone else in the US would love to see those UK colors  and some of the accessories they have minus the UK prices of course.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 10:08:47 AM »
No joke, I have some (painfully) slow plans in motion to acquire an ivory from the UK. I wish I could stock up on every freaking color they offer but costs, even with family living over there, makes even one kettle borderline insane. Ivory is the one and only color I would buck up for... but now I may wait a month or so to see how this all unfolds :) C'mon kettle gods!
i have fast friends over there, that owe me big time.  i've held off on grabbing an ivory until i see what if the MT is offered in that color here. 

just spoke with customer service.  the UK is the test market and often times what is offered there would be offered here the following year. 

they usually release the info about the spring US models and colors around Dec 1st. 

I only use kettles with lid bales.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
i have fast friends over there, that owe me big time.  i've held off on grabbing an ivory until i see what if the MT is offered in that color here. 

just spoke with customer service.  the UK is the test market and often times what is offered there would be offered here the following year. 

they usually release the info about the spring US models and colors around Dec 1st.

yeah the customer service person you talked to was talking out of their ass.
crazy colors have been around in europe for many, many years.

its certainly possible that EU sales data can influence what is offered here, it's not a grand scheme to test the market. The EU and US markets are very, VERY different.