Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Schematic for wood handles? or technical diagram?  (Read 1673 times)

GregS

• WKC Performer
Schematic for wood handles? or technical diagram?
« on: September 07, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »
found one online but it's a "408 forbidden" link.

can anyone link me to a good one?  i'm looking for the correct shape because i just don't dig the plastic.
i could measure one but the only old one i have access to is pretty beat up and probably shrunk a bit.

any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:49:20 PM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.

mwmac

• WKC Brave
Re: Schematic for wood handles? or technical diagram?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »
This is the information I used, courtesy of the Virtual Weber Bullet site:  http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/woodenhandle.html

Mods please delete if not appropriate.
22.5 WSM AH; RedSSP EE; Redhead EE; 26"C; 26" DE; WGA;Black MBH B; Outrider N.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »
thanks MW. 

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 05:10:51 AM »

can anyone link me to a good one?  i'm looking for the correct shape because i just don't dig the plastic.
i could measure one but the only old one i have access to is pretty beat up and probably shrunk a bit.

any help appreciated.

Did you know that you can order incredibly awesome wood handles via this very site?   Its that link at the top that says "Wooden Handles".

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:44:30 AM »

any help appreciated.

Did you know that you can order incredibly awesome wood handles via this very site?   Its that link at the top that says "Wooden Handles".

Thank you!  Yes I did know that.  I have a stock of flamed maple and tightly grained mahogany in my garage and i've been looking for a use for.  (menards gift card).

i'm thinking either a darker version of the orange sample or possibly a darker version of the grey/black below as replacements for the plastic handles on my copper 22.  (top center or bottom right). 

dunno, i'm going to make a few and see what i like best.  i'm thinking the grey/black would dress up a black kettle nicely though.  the pic is from when i was testing finishes on some 1/42 veneers. 

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:14:38 AM »
Nice.  Maple is some of the cooler looking handles Brian has made.    Those will look awesome. 

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
thanks!  i've worked with figured maple in my other hobbies and think it will make for a nice handle.  i have some mahogany that would probably look great too, it just doesn't have the flamey appearance that the maple does.

and let's face it, "flamed maple" just sounds like it belongs on a grill.    ;)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 06:58:52 PM »
Figured maple looks great, so does Koa, lots of other woods look awesome too.  If you need any advice send me a message.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X