Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: what brand of paint for red head repair??  (Read 1542 times)

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
what brand of paint for red head repair??
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:56 AM »
Hey fellas, I was trying to find the discussion on here about touch up paint for a red head, but couldn't find it. I recall there was a specific brand to match the red pretty closely. Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.
thank ya much.
Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: what brand of paint for red head repair??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:10:23 AM »
Well Ken
This is the big problem for so many of us with red heads.  I have the same issue right now with my 26".  The problem is that there are so many shades of different red with these grills throughout the years, that you may have to buy different cans from different manufactures just to get it close enough that you are happy with it.  You are also limited on the high temp variations of reds out there.  One thing that is important though...when you are testing different shades of red....make sure you test them in a well lit area...preferably in the sun.   Ive made the mistake of working on one in my garage, then when I brought it outiside in the sun, the touch up color looked TOTALLY different.   Good luck
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
Re: what brand of paint for red head repair??
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:23:18 AM »
thanks Jeff.
I know I am going to run into trouble with the variant shades of red, and the high heat stuff ain't cheap...lol..especially if it's not the right shade,..and there it will sit on the shelf...lol..
Thanks for the input Jeff.

Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)