Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Are Logo Kettles Worth any more, less, or same as unbranded kettles?  (Read 2202 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
I came across a Black Budweiser One Touch Silver 22" kettle for sale. It looks like its a few seasons old based on the handles but it appears that it was never used. I don't need another OTS but are these logo kettles worth anything as collectors items?
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

PistolsFiring

• Smokey Joe
Re: Are Logo Kettles Worth any more, less, or same as unbranded kettles?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:15:26 AM »
I asked WKC this on twitter back in April. Here was the reply: @WeberKettleClub: They are if you can find someone really looking for that brand. Is the grill blue or black? Most collectors avoid logos.
C&B Green Performer; Performer 22; Kettle; WSM 22; Smokey Joe; Spirit E-210

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:33:48 AM »
All personal preference...I have a few logo ones but mine are smokey joes. I don't mind the logos on those. I love the 2 jack daniels 18 OTS I own.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 09:11:47 AM »
All personal preference...I have a few logo ones but mine are smokey joes. I don't mind the logos on those. I love the 2 jack daniels 18 OTS I own.

+1. I can think of only a few logos/brands that might increase the value to a massive audience. A NIB Coke Red Kettle would definitely be worth more. Possibly Disney but that doesn't exist as far as I know.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:35:08 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder , I'd pay good money for a Seahawks logo smokey joe , that's about the only logo I'd care to have :)
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
Around here logo kettles seem to command more $$ and don't seem to last long on CL, so I would say so. There was a few times I saw a couple of Bud Light logo'd Ranch Kettles with asking prices of $900! Corona (Blue) Heineken (Green) Bud Light (Black) and Sam Adam's (Copper) seem to pop up from time to time.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 03:23:57 PM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder , I'd pay good money for a Seahawks logo smokey joe , that's about the only logo I'd care to have :)

Agreed with having your team on your gear. This is the sj mini I made:

Thanks for the replies. The black Budweiser kettle is nice I'm not a Budweiser drinker. If a blue bud light 22" popped up I might grab it but I only see those as 18's.

If any in LI/NY area is interested hers the link:http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/for/4595999052.html
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

jeffinsgf

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
I'd pay a little more for a cherry red kettle with a white Budweiser logo. Throw a couple of birds on a bat on it, and I'll go overboard.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »
If there were birds and bats I'd chuck it overboard too..... ;)
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X