Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How do you clean up your wheels??  (Read 1601 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
How do you clean up your wheels??
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:22:53 AM »
I am working on a kettle project and want my wheels to look as good as they can. What do you guys do to dress them up?
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
Re: How do you clean up your wheels??
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:53:18 AM »
What type of wheels?
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:53:04 AM »
Just the standard modern plastic wheels.
I assume that soaking the dirt off of them and rubbing them with a bit of Armor-All might do it. But if you know a better way I am all ears?
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »
I have a set that is badly faded. Thought about taking them apart and possibly trying to paint them at least the face part. Other than cleaning them with soap and water I haven't done much beyond that. One set I did try a light application of some conditioning oil for plastics we have at work but it attracted to much dust.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:52:46 PM »
This is what I do (trick taught to me by Golly)
Use a nail punch to pop the white walls of from the inside, give them a good clean with hot soapy water, then spray paint the white walls white and spray paint the wheels black, re- install the white walls and your done
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »
It's been a few years since I've used this stuff, but it worked awesome on faded black motorcycle plastic bits and car black plastic trim. I think it took me two or three coats for a nice uniform finish without streaks. Lots of customer images on the Amazon page.

http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Black-Bumper-Trim-Dye/dp/B000FOIJXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406245105&sr=8-1&keywords=forever+black+trim
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:46:23 PM by AZ Monsoon »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 03:11:46 AM »
If they are really dry rotted just get a fresh set, otherwise armorall works pretty good
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X