Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Dragon  (Read 1438 times)

lemisfits

• WKC Brave
BBQ Dragon
« on: July 13, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
Anyone have any experience with this product?  I'm considering buying it.

http://www.bbqdragon.com
Looking for a lime or imperial blue...in my dreams.

Chuck

• WKC Brave
Re: BBQ Dragon
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
Looks like a portable fan on a [probably heat resistant] clamp. It says it 'lights' the coals within 10 minutes, but from the video, it looks like the fire is already started. All this is doing is blowing air on the fire. With a standard chimney it takes 15-20 minutes to be ready?

As a gadget, I might go as high as $25 for that, but at $60 I think its rather overpriced and with a little work you can rig something up.
This is a fairly cheap hobby when you consider the time  with family and friends and how many meals are created.

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »
I couldn't see spending $60. and I think it would blow ash around also. A chinmey, a paper towel with some oil on  it and 15 minutes later your good to go, just my opinion.
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

Dave O

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
I like there bbq fail videos - www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Z0PbjSCL0

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »
It's a gimmick. It will blow ash and ember around and won't be that much faster than a chimney. Plus they spam Twitter.

AJ328

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »
You can use a hair dryer if you want, though I guess the clamp allows you to walk away form it. It's handy to have something to fan the flames with, I have a lighter with a built in fan and sometimes if I dump the chimney prematurely I can get it going  faster than if I'd waited for the chimney. Also sometimes if I'm adding coals and to get the grill back up to temp.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »
Reminds me of one of these. I think it's pretty cool. Unnecessary, but pretty cool.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »
I got that old school fan like the ones in the old Weber catalogs....the thing works awesome....I might consider this...
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X