Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill pads?  (Read 959 times)

Chuck

• WKC Brave
Grill pads?
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:32 AM »
So I have a nice new cedar deck that I'll be grilling on. It was recommended to me to get a grill pad to help prevent embers from burning it and my house down.

I found "the original grill pad" which seems best of breed. However I keep finding complaints of stains left behind on exotic woods, but nothing about cedar in particular. I'll be letting the deck stain cure for a month or so before using the pad or cooking on it.

So my questions here are,  has anyone used this product, what are your thoughts on it if so,  and is there another, better product that 'insiders' might recommend?
This is a fairly cheap hobby when you consider the time  with family and friends and how many meals are created.

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
Re: Grill pads?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:43:09 AM »
Just FYI - It's for spills, not preventing fires.

A large aluminum tray would be more effective, such as one you use under cars for oil changes.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Grill pads?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:26:25 PM »
Regarding the "original grill pad", I have 2 round ones, and 1 rectangular one.  They are on their third season. I take them in for the winter.

They do tend to "trap" water under them after a rain. You can always lift them up to allow to dry.

So far, I have been happy with them. They were not exactly cheap, but, cheaper than paying your deductible.  :o ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.