Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up another freebie  (Read 1479 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Picked up another freebie
« on: June 16, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
My second freebie in less than a week. They wanted money for it but just gave it to me. Don't think I'll do a restore. Think I might modify the frame to hold the free kettle I got last week. This thing has toasted flavor bars and grill grates.

Silver B

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Picked up another freebie
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »
You can't beat free! Are those grill grates cast iron? If so, they can be brought back to life.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 06:13:31 PM »
Free is the best!
A Wonderful Family!!!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:40:10 AM »
The grates look like CI and if so, should clean up and be usable. For the flavorizers, I'd look for the guy on eBay that makes the SS ones. I had a Silver B like that and liked it (but kept the Silver A.) Actually I had a Gold B at the time so I sold the Silver B. Then my fishing buddy did decide I could give him a grill so I gave him the Gold B. The Silver A pretty much meets my needs (but I still lust for a Summit with cabinet and side burner and a Ranch. ;D )
kettles, smokers...

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
The Silver A pretty much meets my needs (but I still lust for a Summit with cabinet and side burner and a Ranch. ;D )

The summit is nice. My father inlaw has had his summit for 10 years. I got my platinum in the pic a couple weeks after his purchase. It is a beast, his has 6 burners I believe. I figure I can clean this silver b up and just replace the flavor bars and keep it in my arsenal.  Oh yeah, I to would like a ranch. ;)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:45:21 PM »
I picked up an old Silver C with nasty looking CI grates. I soaked them in vinegar, wire brushed them and rinsed well. Seasoned them with veggie oil and installed them "wide side up". These grates are great! ;D
A bunch of black kettles
-JC