Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer igniter kit  (Read 3629 times)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Performer igniter kit
« on: June 02, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »
Does anyone know if these tend to be locally available, or is it something I should just order from Weber directly?
I'm starting to put a SS Performer back together and the one I have is completely shot.  Ereplacements lists the part# as 40826404, but there is a long ship time (16-22 days) due to them sourcing the parts directly from Weber.  I'm just wondering what my chances are of finding one at a local hardware store?  I hate to spend the time running around if I most likely won't find one.
-Keith

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Performer igniter kit
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 09:50:20 AM »
I've never seen one at an ACE or similar.

GOMRDS

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:48:38 AM »
I think I saw one at my ACE store in DC.
Char Q
18.5" Copper Samuel Adams
Red SS Performer code EO

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »
I hit two Ace Hardwares and two True Value Hardwares on the way home today. They all said that they have never carried that in stock. Plenty of gasser igniter kits, but none for the performers. Looks like I need to make a call to the mothership. Wish me luck
-Keith

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »
You have to order it.. Call Weber and ask if they have Free shipping.. Gonna be cheaper and faster than Erepalcements.
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

bwb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 06:12:18 AM »
Shoot me a pm with your address. I was having problems with mine and called weber. They sent me a new one for free.   

Just after I hung up I found the problem. Big spider in the tube.
So I have one I'll send your for shipping.
That should assuage my guilt over getting a part I didn't need.
09 Green Performer, 04 Silver Genesis A...

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »
bwb.....PM sent.  Gotta love this place  ;D
-Keith

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:55:15 AM »
Does anyone know if the new (current) electronic ignition can be swapped into an older Performer?

My dad's 2005 model works "OK" but takes a few hits of the button to ignite, and yes it's all clean and the ground wire looks OK etc. I'm trying to eliminate as many issues for him as possible, even though relying on electronics may introduce new issues ... thanks.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 10:12:09 AM »
I think the only difference between the SS Performer ignitions and the newer models is they went from a black button to a red button.  Other than that, they look to be the same.  If your Dad's grill is a 2005, it should take the same part as a new one.  The kit part number for the newer Performers is 10470
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:14:11 AM by OoPEZoO »
-Keith

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 03:59:46 AM »
I think the only difference between the SS Performer ignitions and the newer models is they went from a black button to a red button.  Other than that, they look to be the same.  If your Dad's grill is a 2005, it should take the same part as a new one.  The kit part number for the newer Performers is 10470

Thanks, but check out a new Performer at your Home Depot or wherever. It's now got a soft-touch electronic pushbutton switch now, like the gassers do. It's no longer a mechanical "long throw" pushbutton. Sorry if I wan't clear earlier.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 04:15:31 AM »
Oh, I didn't realize they changed them again. I'll have to take a look. I wonder if they pulled a part from one of the existing gassers.  That would be kind of nice considering every hardware store I looked at had plenty of those in stock.
-Keith

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 04:32:31 AM »
If you go to weber.com and navigate to the Performer Platinum page, there's a video located at the "3rd dot".

This must be new for 2013 or 2014. I can't find any parts reference to it at ereplacements.com nor on Weber's site. The most recent parts seem to be for 2010-2012, which still had the non-electronic ignition.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 04:51:18 AM »
Some of the newer models had a shorter wire, so be sure to get the correct part.
Do you  only need the igniter or the whole kit?  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:47 AM »
Some of the newer models had a shorter wire, so be sure to get the correct part.
Do you  only need the igniter or the whole kit?  8)

I needed the whole kit. The igniter literally popped apart in my hands the first time I tried to use it. It was locked up solid internally from corrosion. Also, the wire had broken off of the ceramic ignition piece. The whole thing was basically shot. bwb is hooking me up with the extra kit he had sitting around. If the wire ends up being a little short, I can fix that that with my handy wire stretcher  ;D
-Keith