Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally Nabbed One Myself!!  (Read 3612 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: Finally Nabbed One Myself!!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
What style turn tabs do the daisy wheels have? Single small tab or large dual tabs?

Here she is, Craig. Where does the single small tab put it age-wise?

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »
Okay, I had to do a cook on this baby. A few observations: 1. An 18.5 is just the right size for four nice sized burgers. 2. Some of you mentioned that I could teach my kids on this one. They both like it a lot. My nine year old daughter said she would like it if I taught her how to grill on it. 3. This dude isn't even close to lime! Look at it next to my C and B Performer. I don't know what fruit you would call this, but it ain't lime. I love it though.

I had taken the lid off for several minutes so it cooled down. Look at the color difference between the hot bowl and the cooler lid.

Okay, I suppose a Smokey Joe would fit four burgers even better than this but it's still pretty nice for a simple meal.

When it gets hot it almost looks like the cold Homer Simpson color.

Hobby Lobby grilling bling.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 05:01:50 PM »
If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm leaning toward keeping this baby! ;D

Craig

• WKC Mod
Finally Nabbed One Myself!!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »
Sweet!!' Best estimation, a 1974 Key Lime. Small tabs still available on 18's in '74, and when that color was introduced. The color replaced Avocado green.

18's are a blast to cook on for me. I love the simplicity! I'm glad to see that you decided to cook on it and to hold on to it. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:40:37 PM by Craig »

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 06:04:14 PM »
Nice score. Very pretty.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 08:21:03 AM »
Sweet!!' Best estimation, a 1974 Key Lime. Small tabs still available on 18's in '74, and when that color was introduced. The color replaced Avocado green.

18's are a blast to cook on for me. I love the simplicity! I'm glad to see that you decided to cook on it and to hold on to it. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Craig, do you know what the lifespan was for that style of metal handles that are on the 18.5"? The first time I saw a pic of one I assumed the wood was missing off the handle.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
I use my 18 more than my 22s, now. Great pick-up, Mark! Keep it.  :) :) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »

Craig, do you know what the lifespan was for that style of metal handles that are on the 18.5"? The first time I saw a pic of one I assumed the wood was missing off the handle.

That style of bowl handles were made on all MBH 18's from the 1950s through 1980 (B code) kettles. Late in that year, Weber switched all MBH's to wood.

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

That style of bowl handles were made on all MBH 18's from the 1950s through 1980 (B code) kettles. Late in that year, Weber switched all MBH's to wood.

So the 22.5" kettles used a rounded MBH, where the 18.5" used flat MBHs? My '79 22.5" has rounded handles.

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle