Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New UK Mastertouch?  (Read 3359 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
New UK Mastertouch?
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »
I follow Weber UK on twitter and they pushed this link this morning

http://www.tabsite.com/webergrillsuk/Product-Focus/Mastertouch%C2%AE/164294/453931?disregard=1

I'm assuming we won't see these stateside will we?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New UK Mastertouch?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:57 AM »
Why, why not Weber?  The master-touch is my favorite model, instead if we want slide aside we get the stupid Performer Silver. 
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:01:14 AM »
Once again, I'm baffled why they can't sell them over here.  We already have the crimson 22 OTG and Performer.  Will the MT eliminate the need for the OTG?  Then so be it!  I see they offer the MT in Spring Green and Smoke color.  I'd like to see a picture of the Smoke color.  I wonder if its just a darker version of the Bone color.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:31:07 AM »
Nice color.
I do not like those bolt-on lid handles....they reek Chinese-made even though they may not be.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:22 AM »
You guys do realize that any of us could (and do) make our own MasterTouch from accessories and parts, right?

Interesting UK lineup. http://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product-category/charcoal-barbecues/

I see heat-shielded lid handles across the line. EU safety reg?

The OTS (er, Original) comes with a free charcoal measuring cup.

The Compact is odd since you aren't saving any width compared to other 47 and 57cm grills. Maybe Weber just thought, "Hey, we can put legs on a Jumbo Joe ..."

WAIT A SEC. WHAT IS THIS? http://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/weber-original-charcoal-pizza-oven/

Dear Weber,
If that thing works well I'd buy extra grills in order to cook more at one time. Just saying'.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »
Jeff, follow this link and there is a picture with changeable color swatches on the right side of the picture.. The smoke color is kind of nice but the green is more like the Crate & Barrel green.

http://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/mastertouch/?no_mobile=true
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Thanks!  Even though the Smoke color is sort of plain, I do kind of like it!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »
OK so maybe all of this UK stuff is old news to you guys.

- 2014 Fireplace: http://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/weber-fireplace/ (about $220 equivalent, Amazon UK)

- 3 kinds of Weber-brand charcoal

and so on
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:31:48 AM »
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the heat shield for the lid handle on my Weber.  I'd also kill for the black ash catcher.   Weber doesn't like us as much as they do the Europeans :(

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
Probably more accurate to say that what they "like" is the same thing any company likes ... a decent ROI.

Just the other day someone here was mentioning how in the UK, outdoor grilling is seen as more of a luxury/specialty endeavor. Little wonder they get colors, accessories, products we don't, even though they can't be selling as many grills for example.

Think about grilling here in the '60s ... Weber had fancier models back then, as there was a greater divide between the cheap, everyday flat grills that did little besides burn food vs a Weber.

Think about grilling here today, where a neglected Weber kettle or beat-up 2-burner gasser is the norm and the big money is spent on either a fancy gas grill or a ceramic cooker.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 01:04:38 PM »
I like to think there's more of a market for a nice grill than Weber or others think.  The norm may be for the beat up neglected kettle but I still think there's enough of a market that they could sell a decent amount of the MT style grills, or even more colors at a premium.  I know when I bought my OTG new, I had no problem paying 10 bucks more for Blue compared to the black, hell I probably would have paid 20 or 30 more for it. 

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 01:07:43 PM »
Nice! ... I am heading over to my local HD to check out those colours ...

.... just kidding .... Those are not available in the GWN.  ??? :o :o ::) ::) :P :P ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »
I'm flying out to the UK today. Will definitely have to pop in and check these out.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 05:14:35 PM »
I think I'll fly over and then take the boat back with all my treasure.
I'll have to pick up a Captain Jack Sparrow outfit for the voyage back.

;D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 05:33:09 PM »
The Smoke color looks nice. They all do, but why didn't they show the blue one? Oh yeah, because it wasn't offered in Europe.   ;)