Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wrought iron grill cart  (Read 5656 times)

Grillingtome

• Smokey Joe
Wrought iron grill cart
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:26:54 PM »
I found this great site while searching for an iron grill cart for my kettle.  A friend has one of which I will post pictures later.

Does anybody know if those old wrought iron carts were made by Weber or aftermarket by Meadow Craft or some other outdoor furniture company? The kettle is a perfect fit in the cart. It looks like an antique version of the new Performers.

Any help in finding one would be appreciated.

Tome

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Wrought iron grill cart
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »
We've seen different carts that fit a 22 kettle,  but don't know for sure if its actually a Weber product.   I know HeyJude has one.   We would all like to see some pics of what you have to know for sure!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
Pictures!

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Grillingtome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »
We've seen different carts that fit a 22 kettle,  but don't know for sure if its actually a Weber product.   I know HeyJude has one.   We would all like to see some pics of what you have to know for sure!

Thanks for the response.

When I get over to friends house again I will get a picture. It's just a nice looking setup for a kettle. He got his at a yard sale for a few dollars. I have been looking for one for several years with no luck. I even called Weber with no help. I am sure someone on this forum can and will help me once I get the pics.

Tome

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »
I crapped the bed a month or so ago, and missed out on one of these.  AJ has one, when he wakes up maybe he will post a picture...

Brian

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »
You can check it out here. The bowl has no bottom vents or leg sockets.
Its an 18' grill. I don't know much about the cart manufacturer. We have not seen any info on it from Weber. It may hav ebeen that they partnered with a company to sell these at select stores.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-seville/msg5241/#msg5241
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Grillingtome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
You can check it out here. The bowl has no bottom vents or leg sockets.
Its an 18' grill. I don't know much about the cart manufacturer. We have not seen any info on it from Weber. It may hav ebeen that they partnered with a company to sell these at select stores.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-seville/msg5241/#msg5241

That's it!  That's the one I have been looking for.

Does anybody know anything about the maker or what it was called?

Sorry for the enthusiasm that's just a nice looking setup!

Tom

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
Sorry, no new info to report. I have a black 18" Gold that I plan to put inside of it.
I think it will look and work great. Would love to find a nice blue 18 gold that I could use..  8)

Grillingtome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
I found this great site while searching for an iron grill cart for my kettle.  A friend has one of which I will post pictures later.

Does anybody know if those old wrought iron carts were made by Weber or aftermarket by Meadow Craft or some other outdoor furniture company? The kettle is a perfect fit in the cart. It looks like an antique version of the new Performers.

Any help in finding one would be appreciated.

Tome

Well, I finally found and got the grill cart home. I paid more than i wanted but it is mine now.

Does Weber make a 18" grill that fits into these carts or do you have to modify one with handles?

Thanks
Tom

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 07:04:34 PM »
Where are the pictures? Mine is an 18 and it came with 2 side handlles, less the wood.
If yoi want o make a retro cart with all the modern conveniences, find yourself an 18" gold and use that.  It should drop right in!   8)

thoraudio

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 05:27:38 AM »
Here's mine with an 18" OTS and galvanized bucket for ashes.  :)

I, too, came here looking for info.  We haven't found any, yet. 

Of note, the modern kettles have one handle, so either it will be crooked, or you'll need to modify the kettle to level it up.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:30:02 AM by thoraudio »

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 06:02:39 AM »
Of note, the modern kettles have one handle, so either it will be crooked, or you'll need to modify the kettle to level it up.

Modern OTGs have two handles right?  I mean, mine do.  Did that stop recently?

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 07:32:42 AM »
Yes, the modern OTG's have 2 handles, so it sits fine. But, I don't think they sell them anymore. You're gonna need to find a used gold or an older 2 handle 18 and then convert it to a gold.
Either way, its a nice setup for an 18.  8)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 07:40:26 AM »
Love that setup thor.....