Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber 14.5 WSM and the A-Maze-N pellet smoker  (Read 1715 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Weber 14.5 WSM and the A-Maze-N pellet smoker
« on: January 24, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
Just wanted to pass on my thoughts on a couple of great products.

WMS
Just thought I would pass on my experience regarding the new 14.5 Weber Smokey Mountain.  We had a touch of warmer weather last weekend (40s) so I tried it out with a 4lb beef brisket.  This thing is awesome!  Uses such a small amount of charcoal (frankly you can't fit much) and I kept the brisket going between 225 and 250 for 6 hours.  I had to take it off for dinner (would have loved to go longer), and finish it off in the oven because it was getting late and the family was screamin for food. Should have started earlier.  Anyone, after the 6 hours I still had nearly half the charcoal left (Kingsford Competition).  I'm guessingit would have easily gone 10-12 hours if I let it.  I could have easily done 2 briskets or pork butts using the second shelf. 
It was only my first time using this guy, but I would definitely recommend it.  It can actually cook a good amount of food, and because it's so small it's pretty easy to clean.

A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker
Also, since the weather was so nice I cold smoked some salmon in my Weber Summit gas grill.  I didn't turn the grill on.  Just used it for a place to cold smoke.  I filled the A-Maze-N Pellet smoker with some Alder Traeger chips I bought from my local Ace.  I put the salmon on the top rack and the smoker tray on the main rack and just let it go.  I got about 12 hours of beautiful steady smoke.  The salmon turned out amazing (no pun intended).  So this gets a thumbs up too.