Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bar-B-Q-Kettle Rotisserie Madness!  (Read 3891 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Bar-B-Q-Kettle Rotisserie Madness!
« on: December 27, 2013, 03:51:59 PM »
OK - so I've gotten kind of hooked on the De-constructed Turkey's. This one was an 18+lb bird cut up, breasts removed and tied into a roast.
The pieces were injected with a half strength Oakridge BBQ's Game Changer Brine and seasoned with Okie Dust.

I tie the breasts to make it easier to secure the skin then remove the strings as the skin is wrapped and tied off.

Fire up the Grey 26" Bar-B-Q-Kettle

Cajun Bandit Rotisserie ring and a Weber 9891 Cradle for the breast. Raised grate for the dark meat.

Play with your meat!!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:53:34 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bar-B-Q-Kettle Rotisserie Madness!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 05:22:07 PM »
That is amazing!! That's the first I've seen anything like this and I can assure you, this will find it's way into my repertoire! Thanks for sharing.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:10:58 PM »
Creative cook Swamprb....that turkey looks great.  I'll have to give that a try sometime.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 04:35:54 AM »
Very impressive! Looks delicious
Kettle collector AND cooker!

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:26:42 AM »
Awesome knife skills swamprb! Looks super tasty...!

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
WOW!  Color me impressed. 

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
Now that is something I've got to try. Very nice work!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »
Thanks Brian, I am working on a similar setup these days and am planning on doing a stuffed chicken the same way. In fact I believe I will be able to do two at a time. What is the length of the EZ Cue? Or is it a Weber one like mine? I'm just wondering if mine will also fit on a 26'r. Thanks and great job!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Thanks Brian, I am working on a similar setup these days and am planning on doing a stuffed chicken the same way. In fact I believe I will be able to do two at a time. What is the length of the EZ Cue? Or is it a Weber one like mine? I'm just wondering if mine will also fit on a 26'r. Thanks and great job!

The cradle is the Weber 9891 and yes it does fit the 26" Cajun Bandit ring- not perfectly centered, but there is enough room on the motor shaft to trim @ 1/2" if it bothered you.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 04:46:04 AM »
I didn't know they still made roti rings for the 26" or 26" Cajun bandit stackers. I'm excited.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »
Thanks again Brian, I just measured mine and it's the 21 1/2, so it's likely the exact same.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 12:28:01 PM »
I didn't know they still made roti rings for the 26" or 26" Cajun bandit stackers. I'm excited.

Hold your enthusiasm!

Not sure if a Stacker for the 26" kettle is in the works or not, but if you have an old Bar-B-Q-Kettle or a 26.75"OTG, then the Cajun Bandit ring is a worthwhile investment. 

http://cajunbandit.com/rotisserie/

I'm just excited that the 9891 Cradle fits, One Grill has a cradle similar to the EZ-Que and Rib-O-Lator now offers Expandable trays that works great as well.

Gotta work with what ya got!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
Does anyone know if the Cajun Bandit rotis ring will fit a 26" SmokeEZ conversion??

That would be something to behold!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
I'm thinking a 26.75 WSM should be in the works at least in the next couple years.  ;)