Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ranch Kettle owners thread & showoff  (Read 35751 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ranch Kettle owners thread & showoff
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2019, 09:19:12 AM »
I hadn't thought of it that much really. One way would be to just remove both grates and brush it into the vent holes or over the side. Another way might be to use a shop vac without a filter. Just better be dang sure all the ashes aren't lit.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2019, 03:39:39 AM »
While it’s not a Weber Ranch Kettle, I’m the proud owner of a Whalen Kettle King!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2019, 04:12:03 AM »
While it’s not a Weber Ranch Kettle, I’m the proud owner of a Whalen Kettle King!

I would have bought one of those if it turned up before my Ranch.  Grill on!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2019, 07:06:03 PM »
I finished my Ranch build recently and finally got it out into the sunshine for some proper photos.  It looks quite menacing and I can't wait to put it to work!

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2019, 06:10:48 AM »
I finished my Ranch build recently and finally got it out into the sunshine for some proper photos.  It looks quite menacing and I can't wait to put it to work!

I love the way that looks, awesome work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2019, 08:35:11 AM »
NICE.  Put some tail lights on it & hook it up to your trailer hitch to bring to a meetup.
regards,
Hal

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2019, 09:38:30 AM »
NICE.  Put some tail lights on it & hook it up to your trailer hitch to bring to a meetup.

Maybe if I find a red one like JEBIV or a white one like Radjx003 I can build a trailer lol

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
... the mothership has landed in brownie town. Glad to have joined the rancher club

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
Love the pic of the kids, congrats, Chef!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2019, 01:29:22 PM »
Glad the mothership made it home safely!  Looks good with the rest of the crew!

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »
The mothership has officially landed! That's just all-kinds-of-cool.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2019, 02:57:53 AM »
The actual kids, or more like "kettle babies".  Kind of like the people who talk of their "fur babies."

Love the pic of the kids, congrats, Chef!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
regards,
Hal

Villageofwolves

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2019, 09:46:55 AM »
Three weeks no briskets at Costco I may have to throw on 5-8 racks this weekend. https://imgur.com/Q5cQ1EI
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:59:45 AM by Villageofwolves »

Bluegrass Boiler

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2019, 05:41:03 AM »
Cleaned up and and first burn on "Big Bud" DH code.  Getting ready for College Football Kickoff Cookout this Saturday, gonna load it up!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 05:42:38 AM by Bluegrass Boiler »

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2019, 06:41:45 AM »
Cleaned up and and first burn on "Big Bud" DH code.  Getting ready for College Football Kickoff Cookout this Saturday, gonna load it up!
Looks good @Bluegrass Boiler.  What is on the menu for the first big cook?

I just had my first big cook on the Ranch last Sunday.  Did 60 burgers and 64 hotdogs.  I used two heaping chimneys of charcoal and dumped it on the back half of the charcoal grate.  Seared about 20 to 25 burgers on the direct side, would spin the grate around to indirect to flip or cook indirect.  If a few looked a little not done I threw them back on direct.  Hot dogs only took a few minutes and if you cook a lot of them putting them on the grates to where they roll easy works best.  I had enough heat to do 3 runs of burgers and the hotdogs but you could always add coal ontop of lit to keep it going.  I purchased two of these ash rakes that have hooks for grates to spin the grate. You could get by with just one if you don't have a heavy load on the grate. 

BIGSUNNY Ash Rake for Grills,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBTXYZQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I moved my grill like you are going to do in the back of my truck.  Some tips I would have for easy clean up would be to bring a metal bucket to throw still burning ash or spent ash into so the grill can cool down to clean out.  It is really hard to do without pulling the grates.  If they are still warm a good set of grill gloves or welding gloves is really helpful.  If you want to make clean up easy you could try a pan or foil on the indirect side of the charcoal grate and also on the ash pan.  It is crazy just how much uncooked fat accumulates.  On the direct side it just burns off.

I recently got some wood handles for mine and can't wait to get them set up right with the modded metal straps.

Good luck with game day!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:44:28 AM by ReanimatedRobot »