Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ranch Kettle owners thread & showoff  (Read 24423 times)

hdfry

• Happy Cooker
Re: Ranch Kettle owners thread & showoff
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2019, 12:27:59 AM »
Got my RC last June. It's a complete love affair. I used a Big Green Egg for five years but never really grew to like it. I've  been a Weber Kettle man since 1973. Been through a variety of models and had a love affair with each. This RC is the best of the best. It is so heavy and commercial feeling I can't imagine it ever having a problem. Speaking of heavy, I find that cleaning the ashes out is something of a chore. Both the cooking grill and the charcoal grill are heavy and somewhat unwieldy to remove. Does anyone have ideas on how to simplify this little chore?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ranch Kettle owners thread & showoff
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2019, 05:04:43 AM »
I would recommend using foil or a pan on the non hot zone for cooking as it will keep a lot of the fat and grease from falling into the grill and being difficult to clean.  Most everything over the charcoal side will just burn up on contact.  As for the ash I will allow the coals to completely go out and then look to clean the ash.  Unfortunately the top grate is really hard to clean around.  I will usually flip up the side grates, pick it up by the center section and set it aside.  After that you can either kind of broom the ash into the holes to fall below or take a shop vac to suck them out.  If you use a shop vac do it OUTSIDE or you will be coughing up ash for a few days.  You might be able to leave the charcoal grate in if you aren't super picky about your cleaning, but that is up to you. 

Got my RC last June. It's a complete love affair. I used a Big Green Egg for five years but never really grew to like it. I've  been a Weber Kettle man since 1973. Been through a variety of models and had a love affair with each. This RC is the best of the best. It is so heavy and commercial feeling I can't imagine it ever having a problem. Speaking of heavy, I find that cleaning the ashes out is something of a chore. Both the cooking grill and the charcoal grill are heavy and somewhat unwieldy to remove. Does anyone have ideas on how to simplify this little chore?
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, C&B Green Performer, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.