Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's Cooki'n in your Weber?  (Read 2563 times)

Duke

• The Duke
What's Cooki'n in your Weber?
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »
Fifties Style Cornell Chicken and Vegetables!

Sometimes I like cooking a good old fashioned traditional American style meal on the Weber that looks a little like something you would see in an old Weber advertisement. You know the colorful ones with a somewhat full grill that sometimes have things we usually wouldn't bother cooking on one? Well, I tried to be a little more practical and still achieve that type of photo.

Hey! Maybe an old school cooking photo contest would be fun. Use colorful vintage grills and accessories, some weird dish that grandma used to make that you would never care to attempt like a tuna casserole or some weird meat mold that we would always pass on. ???

Anyways, on with the pictures! I basted this about five times verses the average three times to get a really heavy coating on. This was a huge hit and will be doing this again. Thanks again for sharing the recipe a few years back DC wherever you are. ;)

By the way, I apologize for not responding to all of the great titles here in the cooking section. I've been really busy and haven't made it down here in a while since it moved. I promise I will get caught up and likely inspired by what I see.

Thanks again and have a smoky weekend!

Craig

• WKC Mod
What's Cooki'n in your Weber?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:57:23 PM »
Looking good, Shaun! Like right out from that 50s photo of the peas and carrots cooking on a MTH chestnut Coppertone. I've been itching to do some cookups from the '58 recipe book I got from you.

Duke

• The Duke
Re: What's Cooki'n in your Weber?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:48:35 AM »
Thanks Craig, I can't wait to see them. I'm going to try and do something even more obscure for my next food post. Instead of the same old things that I normally cook.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »
That is looking great.  Going to make an excellent meal.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
Duke,

That chicken looks amazing.  What did you marinade it in?

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »
Duke,

That chicken looks amazing.  What did you marinade it in?
Thanks for asking, I posted it with my original post and then accidentally hit the back button and lost my whole post.  ::) I then rewrote it and forgot to add the links.  ::) :D I didn't brine prior to cooking, I just marinated in the sauce prior to cooking, which also meant I didn't need to season the chicken prior. My friend that shared the recipe with me also told me that he substitutes Dijon mustard for the egg and likes it much better so that's the way I go. However, since I didn't have any Dijon on hand I used regular yellow and it was really good. So, please give it a try and post the pictures along with how you liked it and maybe tweaked it.

Here is a good post on it from Meathead at Amazing Ribs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazingribs.com%2Frecipes%2Fchicken_turkey_duck%2Fcornell_chicken.html&ei=3eF-UpXDH6G4igK71YGACQ&usg=AFQjCNGOZcj_SzSkGVFvKguBdWWODjcBaA

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
Great post Shaun.  Next time though .... cook it on a vintage kettle!   :-X   ::)   ;)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
Good looking cook up there. Made me think of home. ;)
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Frankie482

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 12:52:38 AM »
Is that a regular grate on top of a craycort?

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 05:11:39 AM »
Thanks, I have an elevated half grill to keep the meat higher in the dome. I don't have anymore vintage webers left. :D