Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grilling height?  (Read 2028 times)

jay sackuvich

• Smokey Joe
Grilling height?
« on: October 30, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »
I hope I'm in the right category here!! I'm designing a grill table where the 22.5 will lose its legs and ride on some metal floats.  But the height of my hibachi is 37 inches.  The weber sits at 29.5 (correct me if I'm wrong). Here's my question, do you think grilling on a kettle would be awkward at 37"?  Or should I drop the sides??  Any input is great input at this moment lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
one touch silver, one touch gold, two 18.5 wsm's, picnic grill, and brinkmann 8045 (for hibachi use only of course)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Grilling height?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
What do you mean by metal floats? If you are a taller guy, then then the height may be better. Lift it up on some block to see if it's comfortable? I don't mind the shorter kettles because I'm average height, and the long bbq tools allow me to reach just fine.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

jay sackuvich

• Smokey Joe
Grilling height?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
Kind of like a "t" bracket so the kettle won't touch the wood. Or maybe some conduit holders. So there's a 1/2" air gap around the lip! Or maybe all thread, but I would hate to drill through bowl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
one touch silver, one touch gold, two 18.5 wsm's, picnic grill, and brinkmann 8045 (for hibachi use only of course)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:30:34 PM »
+1 for blocking up your existing grill to see how you like it higher. 

I'm 6'0", and sometimes get a bit of an ache in my back when I'm bent over my beloved SS, but I love it too much to be tempted by a newer Performer.  Plus the SSes roll right into the back of my family station wagon. 
One of the charcoal people.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »
+1 for blocking up your existing grill to see how you like it higher. 

I'm 6'0", and sometimes get a bit of an ache in my back when I'm bent over my beloved SS, but I love it too much to be tempted by a newer Performer.  Plus the SSes roll right into the back of my family station wagon.

Mike, maybe longer tools will help?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791