Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beef Chuck Rolls  (Read 3252 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Beef Chuck Rolls
« on: June 30, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »
Beef Chuck Rolls
http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2012/07/beef-chuck-rolls.html

I did an 'Iron Chef contest' a couple years ago and the foods that we HAD to use were 7 bone chuck roast, serrano peppers and spinach, the rest was up to our imagination.  Here's what I came up with and they came in 2nd place! 

I seared a 7 bone chuck roast naked, then liberally doused with WRB, put into a pan and cooked in the smoke for another hour, then foiled the pan untl the meat was tender

Then I grilled a head of cabbage, red onion and the serranos. Then julienned those. I blanched and chopped baby spinach and baby carrots. Mixes all the ingredients plus some garlic, salt and pepper. I then mixed the meat and veggies and placed in the fridge to cool.

I then made a dipping sauce which consisted of Reverend Marvins Hot BBQ Sauce, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil. Brought to a boil and reduced by 1/4.

Filled egg roll wrappers with the chuck/veggie mixture and deep fried until golden brown. They turned out much better than expected!!!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:15:02 AM by Larry Wolfe »
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Beef Chuck Rolls
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »
Larry,

Is that a ceramic you are cooking on? Dagnabbit! :o

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 03:13:01 AM »
Larry,

Is that a ceramic you are cooking on? Dagnabbit! :o

Yes.....Primo GAVE me an XL with the side tables etc., and asked that I promote their products.  I even bought a Jr. on my own, which of the two is a better ceramic.  HOWEVER, I'm not going to bash Primos BUT I do sold them both after a year, because I personally did not like the finished product as far as 'BBQ'.  I found them to give an oven finish texture, flavor, etc. when doing BBQ.  So to put it plain and simple, I do not promote anything I don't like or find not worth the value.  This goes for many things I've promoted and/or sold BBQ related over the years.  I'm not going to blow smoke up someones ass to put a buck in my pocket. 

So I stuck with what worked and stood by my Webers and couldn't be happier!
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:53 AM »

Yes.....Primo GAVE me an XL with the side tables etc., and asked that I promote their products.  I even bought a Jr. on my own, which of the two is a better ceramic.  HOWEVER, I'm not going to bash Primos BUT I do sold them both after a year, because I personally did not like the finished product as far as 'BBQ'.  I found them to give an oven finish texture, flavor, etc. when doing BBQ.  So to put it plain and simple, I do not promote anything I don't like or find not worth the value.  This goes for many things I've promoted and/or sold BBQ related over the years.  I'm not going to blow smoke up someones ass to put a buck in my pocket. 

So I stuck with what worked and stood by my Webers and couldn't be happier!
That's really interesting Larry. I started on ceramics and graduated to webers. I knew there was a differnce and couldn't put my finger on it. I think this would make an interesting topic in another area. Thanks for that reply.