Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Holiday Rum Butter Glazed Ham  (Read 3103 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Holiday Rum Butter Glazed Ham
« on: July 07, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
Holiday Rum Butter Glazed Ham
http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/holiday-smoked-ham-with-rum-butter.html

This is a family favorite and extremely simple and delicious!

Pick up a 6-8lb 'Ready Cook' ham, which is a ham that has been cured and very lightly smoked, but is NOT 'ready to eat' and must be cooked.  I like the 'butt section' of the ham, but either the butt or the shank portion can be used.

Rum Butter Sauce
1 Stick - butter
1/2 Cup - Honey
1/2 Cup - Dark Rum
1 Cup - Brown Sugar
1 TBS - Cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.

Trim the excess fat and skin from the ham and 'score' about 1/4"-1/2" deep slits in on direction, the turn the ham 180º and repeat until you have a nice uniform scoring.  Place ham into an aluminum pan and onto your grill or smoker.  Smoke over indirect heat at 235º with apple wood (hickory, or other fruit woods can be used) until the internal temperature of them ham hits 125º.

Baste the ham with the Rum Butter Sauce, every 10 minutes until the ham hits 145º.

Once the ham hits 145º, remove from the smoker and lightly tent with foil and let rest 15-20 minutes before slicing.

After slicing, baste the slices in the sauce or leave as is.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:00:30 AM by Larry Wolfe »
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Holiday Rum Butter Glazed Ham
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »
AHMIGOD!

i had a rum buttered ham about 10 years ago and it was the best thing i've ever tasted.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »
Looks fantastic Larry! Please post some new pictures on that Pepto Pink plate.  ;)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 03:03:40 AM »
Looks fantastic Larry! Please post some new pictures on that Pepto Pink plate.  ;)

That is all my wife at the time would allow me to use when grilling.  That is why she's my ex-wife now.  However I do still have the pink platters, which I will be sending to you since you like them much more than I do! 
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot