Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Foreign finds  (Read 6350 times)

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: Foreign finds
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
As Hogsy said, that's Aussie prices.

Wow....I just realised.... I have a cousin that runs and food import business in that neck of the world! I wonder if...........???????

And the mind starts ticking...........wheels start spinning..........

Nice pics Marty, how are you enjoying your time there?

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 07:32:09 PM »
Jocool, I had a Costa Rican friend who had a great business sending used cars back to CR in empty banana shipping containers... maybe your cousin has some space on return freight or something. 
One of the charcoal people.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 08:09:41 AM »
A warming rack would be so nice to have available here... why is so much available OUTSIDE the US, isn't Weber a US company? :(

Yeah I don't get it either, has anyone ever asked Weber why so much isn't available in the US?

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »

Nice pics Marty, how are you enjoying your time there?

Ken

Honestly I don't enjoy travel like I used to. I've been around the world too many times. There's a price to pay. Having said that, it's always a learning experience. This time I learned that grillers in the UAE don't need freakin' warming racks, they just take stuff off the grate and place it on a tray in the sun. Trust me, it will hold whatever temps the kettle can kick out! Of course, winter weather is coming, and it will drop into the upper 90s soon.

Looking forward to lunch with the bunch in next weekend in Chicago. Now THAT'S a trip!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
Yeah I don't get it either, has anyone ever asked Weber why so much isn't available in the US?
If we had to pay the prices here that they pay to get colors, I'd be a little reluctant to go that way.

I think the colors available are what the sellers are willing to pay to stock. The sellers in the UAE may be willing to pay more for those.

It wouldn't bother me to see some of those colors at a premium price point in the US. I was kidding whan I suggested that the 14.5 WSM was available in red for $20 additional, but I'd probably pay that much more if it was.
kettles, smokers...

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »
The UAE stock of Webers is European. That's why they have the same European colours.
If it breathes, we can cook it!

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 05:44:40 AM »
If we had to pay the prices here that they pay to get colors, I'd be a little reluctant to go that way.

I think the colors available are what the sellers are willing to pay to stock. The sellers in the UAE may be willing to pay more for those.

It wouldn't bother me to see some of those colors at a premium price point in the US. I was kidding whan I suggested that the 14.5 WSM was available in red for $20 additional, but I'd probably pay that much more if it was.

I think those prices are so high because they're in the UAE and importing them in from Europe.  I don't think that's how much they cost in Europe.   It still stands though that Weber has the ability and facilities to manufacture these colors, and other devices.  Why not bring them out in the US?  I totally get that stores don't want to stock stuff.  When I bought my 2013 OTG Blue 22 I ended up having to order it on Amazon, since NO ONE locally (or with in quite a bit of driving) had them in stock.  One place told me it could get it but it would take at least 2 weeks, plus they have to do the assembly and that would take another week.  Amazon got it to me in 2 days.   Ok lots of words to make the point that with online retailers they wouldn't have to worry about stores keeping them in stock.  Hell Weber could do direct sales of some of this stuff with their website instead. 

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 03:53:30 PM »
This time I learned that grillers in the UAE don't need freakin' warming racks, they just take stuff off the grate and place it on a tray in the sun. Trust me, it will hold whatever temps the kettle can kick out! Of course, winter weather is coming, and it will drop into the upper 90s soon.

That hot eh?  ??? And we complain here. ::) How the Hydropolis coming along?

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 09:28:59 PM »
I really dig that Wedgewood blue... What shame, what a shame.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Splash

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 03:28:25 AM »
I might have some answers for you Guys on that!

Weber Stephen Nordic is the ones starting up in Dubai! a lot of the special colors and a lot of the accessories is made specially for the Nordic market since we are so huge buyers the make products especially for us, ive been to one of these meetings/tryouts on develloping new colours and accessories.....
the pricing in Dubai is the exact same as in Denmark :o

Here in Denmark we get 2-3 new colours almost every year, the bone colour is really great ive got 4 of those! 3 SJ and one OTP...... we get a lot of information on upcoming and devellopment here and can sometimes make influence on the products to! ;)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 03:35:50 AM »
Great info Splash - thanks! The puzzle is beginning to come into focus.

Aawa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 06:49:13 AM »
That baby blue color on the kettles are friggin sweet looking.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

Splash

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
That baby blue color on the kettles are friggin sweet looking.

those are last years colours the Baby blue :-) and a pale yellow as far as i remember
 :)

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 09:51:18 AM »
Splash, go ahead and "influence" them to sell the cool colors in the US!