Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beef Short Ribs APL Style  (Read 2257 times)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
Beef Short Ribs APL Style
« on: September 27, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »
Well after reading through Adam Perry Lang's Serious BBQ book, I wanted to give his Fleur De Sel Short Ribs a shot.  Brother GTR posted pictures of APL's pop up where there was a open face short rib sammich and I decided to go that route tonight.

First things first, had to pick up some Fleur De Sel.

I picked up a cryopack of short ribs, that had 4 plates.  They were smaller plates than the ones I am used too, but they were marbling on them were fantastic.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the prep. :(

I followed APL's  recipe to the T.  His moisturing slather, the rub, the wrapping liquid, and finished with the cutting board liquid and Fleur De Sel sprinkling and finishing salt.

I messaged GTR on the BBQ Brethren (since he frequented APL's Popup in LA when it was there)  a few days ago to find out what type of pickle was served with his sammich.  He said that the pickle was spicy but not blow your head off spicy.  Here is GTR's picture of the short rib sammich.

I have a recipe for a spicy pickle so I decided to try to mimic APL's Pop Up short rib sammich.  Here is my finished product.

Grilled the Texas Toast, a sweet and spicy pickle, sweet onions, with APL short ribs and APL's bbq sauce and a side of grilled squash.

GTR said that the sammich he had from APL was ridiculously good and my copy of his recipe was farking amazing.  The wrapping liquid has honey and brown sugar in it and I was worried that it would be too sweet, but suprisingly it wasnt.  It was a little side note of a natuarl sweet that actually complemented the flavor profile used on the short ribs.  It was nothing as sweet as the APL Tri Tip.

I highly suggest that you look up this recipe and do it.  The were by far the best beef short ribs I have ever done.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Beef Short Ribs APL Style
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »
Killin' it as always, Aawa. Thanks for sharing.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791